Programs - Paste in program bypassing wisiwig

Is there functionality that would allow me to copy from one program and paste to another? I am use to free hand programming and utilizing similar functionality in other programs. Hope someone could help me with this time saving method instead of using the wisiwig method.

8 minutes ago, Hatchman said:

Is there functionality that would allow me to copy from one program and paste to another? I am use to free hand programming and utilizing similar functionality in other programs. Hope someone could help me with this time saving method instead of using the wisiwig method.

Welcome to the UDI forums!!

Right click on the program in the program tree and select copy. Then rename it. Drag and drop to the desired folder.

2 hours ago, Hatchman said:

Is there functionality that would allow me to copy from one program and paste to another? 

Not really.  As larryllix indicated you can copy a program and create a new program, but actually taking parts of one program and adding them to another program really can't be done.

While you could right-click on a program and export it to a file, modify that file, and then import the new file to create a new program, you'll find that what is actually exported is XML that doesn't look much like what you see in the WYSIWYG environment.  For example, the code "$sCodeTrack = 7", which assigns the value seven to a state variable called "sCodeTrack" looks like "<var id="3" type="2"><op>EQ</op><val prec="0">7</val></var>" when it is exported.

Thanks larryllix, I think I read somewhere in the forum where you mentioned this. But I was looking for something link what kclenden mentioned about the export of the xml.  I can handle xml based on my previous programming knowledge though it be real rusty since i have been retired from it for several years.  I try exporting and modifying xml versus copying program and renaming it and then modifying the line with the wisiwig and see which is faster.  Thanks guys.

Larry H.

2 hours ago, Hatchman said:

Thanks larryllix, I think I read somewhere in the forum where you mentioned this. But I was looking for something link what kclenden mentioned about the export of the xml.  I can handle xml based on my previous programming knowledge though it be real rusty since i have been retired from it for several years.  I try exporting and modifying xml versus copying program and renaming it and then modifying the line with the wisiwig and see which is faster.  Thanks guys.

Larry H.

It's that name that does it! :)

Now we could use an XML to ISY program editor/converter! :)

Another kool quirk that UDI has created, when you select a line in the old program and then switch to the new/copied program and start to create a program line many of the  parameters will default to the old program line.  It helps when creating programs with similar program lines. In my case, I am running about 4-500 variables so it saves a lot of scrolling.

With the admin console editor it is not possible to create a syntax error or typo.

Archived