No data in climate module

skunkiechris

I installed the climate module yesterday, selected a local station, and it immediately populated with data. I noticed today that the data had never changed from the initial data. I tried changing stations to several different ones, but none had any effect on the data. I rebooted the ISY, and now the climate module shows no data for any field.

I've tried multiple stations, all of which show data fine on the weatherbug website. I've also tried disabling and re-enabling it, with no effect. I'm not sure what else to do...

Help!

Edit: I just got the following message:

[-140000] HTTP client DNS error [datafeed.weatherbug.com]

I haven't changed any settings, the ISY is set for DHCP.

I tried disabling and re-enabling it one more time before bed last night, and it started updating fine. This morning, back to nothing.

It syncs time okay, notifications work fine, it is able to query the list of available weather stations with no problem... I have 10+ devices (computers, etc.) with DHCP leases that all have no problem, so I really don't think that's it.

I'm running 2.7.3 if that helps at all.

Thanks!

Hello skunkiechris,

Can you send us (support@universal-devices.com) the station you are using. The problem is NOT DHCP but the DNS. I think ISY is not able to resolve the hostname (weatehrbug.com) to an IP address and thus all the issues.

With kind regards,

Michel

I tried disabling and re-enabling it one more time before bed last night, and it started updating fine. This morning, back to nothing.

It syncs time okay, notifications work fine, it is able to query the list of available weather stations with no problem... I have 10+ devices (computers, etc.) with DHCP leases that all have no problem, so I really don't think that's it.

I'm running 2.7.3 if that helps at all.

Thanks!

Hello skunkiechris,

Can you send us (support@universal-devices.com) the station you are using. The problem is NOT DHCP but the DNS. I think ISY is not able to resolve the hostname (weatehrbug.com) to an IP address and thus all the issues.

With kind regards,

Michel

Email sent -- it's the Aquatic Field Station/BSC College, 14222. Although it doesn't seem to matter, even if I try to change it it still doesn't update.

On the DHCP thing, I was just responding to the earlier post surrounding that. I assume the suggestion was that the ISY wasn't getting a valid DNS server as part of its DHCP settings...but I know that can't be the case (for the reasons I specified.)

Thanks!

Hello skunkiechris,

Thanks for the update. Although we did not receive the email but using the station works fine here.

I'm a little troubled that you "have to" use static IP address to get this to work. When you get a chance - and if you feel like it - would you be kind enough to revert to DHCP to verify that this was indeed the issue. If so, then you might have a defective unit which I would like to replace immediately.

With kind regards,

Michel

Well I gave the unit static IP settings tonight, and it seems to have fixed the problem. *shrug*
  • 1 month later...

:oops: Did a search for weatherbug not updateing and came across this thread. Some of the programs that I developed that use amount of light are not working correctly. Took me awhile to catch that I had a problem.

Seems that my Weatherbug data hasn't updated since May 15th according to the last run in program summary. Today at 10:41 AM on a very sunny day with the outside temperature at 79 degrees, Weatherbug is reporting the following: Light = 0; Light rate = 0 and current temp of 49 degrees.

I tried other weather stations but the data does NOT change at all!!

I have made no other changes in case you want to take a peak at it. This is a new ISY99ir which came installed with 2.7.0. I traded in my ISY26 for it in order to use the weather data.

Dave Baldwin

ISY99IR Version 2.7.0

Hello Dave,

Would you be kind enough to check your logs for errors starting with -140xx? If you find any, please do be kind enough to post them here. Or, if you wish, you can send your log to support@universal-devices.com .

What I suspect is that, for some reason, ISY cannot get to WB. Can you synchronize your time with the NTP server?

I am so very sorry for all the problems you are experiencing.

With kind regards,

Michel

:oops: Did a search for weatherbug not updateing and came across this thread. Some of the programs that I developed that use amount of light are not working correctly. Took me awhile to catch that I had a problem.

Seems that my Weatherbug data hasn't updated since May 15th according to the last run in program summary. Today at 10:41 AM on a very sunny day with the outside temperature at 79 degrees, Weatherbug is reporting the following: Light = 0; Light rate = 0 and current temp of 49 degrees.

I tried other weather stations but the data does NOT change at all!!

I have made no other changes in case you want to take a peak at it. This is a new ISY99ir which came installed with 2.7.0. I traded in my ISY26 for it in order to use the weather data.

Dave Baldwin

ISY99IR Version 2.7.0

Hello Dave,

Would you be kind enough to check your logs for errors starting with -140xx? If you find any, please do be kind enough to post them here. Or, if you wish, you can send your log to support@universal-devices.com .

OK.  Checked the log and it is full of -14000's.  I also tried to update the clock and that failed.  I'm afraid that unlike many others here, I haven't a clue as to what to do now.  

Dave

OK, checked the log and it is full of -14000's. I suspect that means that I am not able to conect with the internet from the ISY? I also tried to synchronize my time with the NTP server and that failed.

Now what, reboot?

Hello Dave,

What I suspect is that, for some reason, ISY cannot get to WB. Can you synchronize your time with the NTP server?

Well, I hadn't set up a static IP Address, so from you response I assumed I needed one. I tried following all the instructions in the Wiki but found that much of it assumed knowledge that I seem to lack.

I did finally manage to get a static IP address set up and then found that I appearantly needed to have port forwarding also. In the process, I ended up with the http forwarded to 443 and https forwarded to 1443. Still no weatherbug data nor could I set the time via the internet. I have a

Linksys WRT54GSV4 router and did the best I could to follow the istructions for that as well. All in all, very confusing.

Then, I made a really dumb move. I decided to go back to DHCP by entering 0.0.0.0 at the CT command. Now, I can not find the ISY on my network and have lost all access to it. Bummer :oops:

I've tried different IP address trying to find the ISY but all to no avail.

If I was a drinker, I'd go to the Tavern now. :D Hmm, maybe it is time to take it up.

Dave

Hi Dave,

If you set a static IP in your ISY using Telnet you have to be sure the other settings are correct. Assign_a_Static_IP_Address

Rand

Sorry Dave, I didn't mean to mess you up. I was just wondering as some users have trouble configuring a static address ;)

Can you please phone us? 818.631.0333

Thank you,

Rand

As requested I called and ended up working with Darrell Peters. The problem turned out to be an inability for my router to resolve the DNS address correctly.

I just want everyone to know that Darrell was very helpful and very professional in providing assistance. He solved the problem in a manner that exceeded my expectations. :D

I think it is worth stating, that my expectations were very high due to the excellent reputation for service that Universal Devices enjoys with the ISY Forum community. Based on this experience, I must say that their excellent reputation for very high quality service and assistance is well deserved.

kudos's to Darrel and to UDI for having the foresight to hire him.

Thank you so much Darrell for your assistance in resolving my problem.

Hello Dave,

My pleasure, and thanks so very much for your kind words. They really do mean a lot to all of us here at UDI, and are much appreciated!

Darrell

As requested I called and ended up working with Darrell Peters. The problem turned out to be an inability for my router to resolve the DNS address correctly.

I just want everyone to know that Darrell was very helpful and very professional in providing assistance. He solved the problem in a manner that exceeded my expectations. :D

I think it is worth stating, that my expectations were very high due to the excellent reputation for service that Universal Devices enjoys with the ISY Forum community. Based on this experience, I must say that their excellent reputation for very high quality service and assistance is well deserved.

kudos's to Darrel and to UDI for having the foresight to hire him.

Thank you so much Darrell for your assistance in resolving my problem.

Archived