Please support...

ryarber

Please support triggering programs within the EZRain/EZFlora. I know this has been discussed before, but I believe this should be moved to the head of the priority list. I know you guys aren't on the best of terms with Simple Home, but theirs is the only insteon irrigation solution out there.

I'm not asking to be able to write program info into the device, only to be able to trigger the programs.

The issues that you see under the current schema lead to the following problems:

1.The EZRain has to hear each individual command. If you are having minor communication issues, some zones might not get triggered and others might run excessively long. It could even run for an entire day using lots of expensive water (if you are using city/county water) or electricity (if you are using a pump).

2. Programming is cumbersome

3. In the event of power loss during the running of the program, things can get really screwed up.

The EZRain should run autonomously when a program is triggered. IMHO this would be the preferred way to control the device rather than to control individual zones.

Thank you for your consideration.

ryarber,

I totally understand your dilemma and we would like to support this feature. I will have this request added with medium priority. I cannot guarantee that it will actually work mostly because it's very difficult to get support from SHN without being pointed to the documentation.

I would like to make it clear that we cannot support programming the programs within EZRain; for that you will have to use their utility.

With kind regards,

Michel

Please support triggering programs within the EZRain/EZFlora. I know this has been discussed before, but I believe this should be moved to the head of the priority list. I know you guys aren't on the best of terms with Simple Home, but theirs is the only insteon irrigation solution out there.

I'm not asking to be able to write program info into the device, only to be able to trigger the programs.

The issues that you see under the current schema lead to the following problems:

1.The EZRain has to hear each individual command. If you are having minor communication issues, some zones might not get triggered and others might run excessively long. It could even run for an entire day using lots of expensive water (if you are using city/county water) or electricity (if you are using a pump).

2. Programming is cumbersome

3. In the event of power loss during the running of the program, things can get really screwed up.

The EZRain should run autonomously when a program is triggered. IMHO this would be the preferred way to control the device rather than to control individual zones.

Thank you for your consideration.

Archived