Tracking Changes

NewTech

Is there a way to keep track of changes one makes in scenes and/or progams?

Example: Say a change is made in a program that must wait until sunset of the next day to verify the change I made worked or didn't work. I'd like to know if I can track via a log when things were added, deleted or changed within the ISY to make it easier to revert back to the original scene or program should the change not work. I realize making backups of the configuration then reloading them is possibe but I really would rather not have to do this. Just a simple log that might follow this idea:

05/23/2009 at 15:12:28 On level for front porch lights changed from 90% to 75%.

05/25/2009 at 07:26:58 Added LampLinc (Sofa West Lamp) to scene "At Home"

Or, is there a log to see when a device was added, deleted and/or changed?

Hi NewTech,

Unfortunately we do not keep logs of system configuration changes. This said, however, we do keep track of all device status changes and "what" changed them. You can view the log by going to Tools | Log. You can sort/filter the log as you wish to hone in on those devices/dates you are interested in.

With kind regards,

Michel

Is there a way to keep track of changes one makes in scenes and/or progams?

Example: Say a change is made in a program that must wait until sunset of the next day to verify the change I made worked or didn't work. I'd like to know if I can track via a log when things were added, deleted or changed within the ISY to make it easier to revert back to the original scene or program should the change not work. I realize making backups of the configuration then reloading them is possibe but I really would rather not have to do this. Just a simple log that might follow this idea:

05/23/2009 at 15:12:28 On level for front porch lights changed from 90% to 75%.

05/25/2009 at 07:26:58 Added LampLinc (Sofa West Lamp) to scene "At Home"

Or, is there a log to see when a device was added, deleted and/or changed?

Archived