Polyglot Hubitat Elevation NodeServer

simplextech

Thank you for creating this node server.

I just installed and can see my Hubitat Wink/Dome Siren on my ISY.

Some comments from first time user/installer: 

configuration: maker_uri syntax was confusing to me, github readme not explicit and example in nodeserver config did not help me.   Got it to work by going to Hubitat Maker API and just copy/paste of URLS: Get All Devices with Full Details into Hubitat node server config.  Hubitat and exposed devices then appeared in ISY. Yay

I had installed Wink/Dome Siren on Hubitat because their driver supported multiple siren/chime/sound modes/profiles.  Wink Siren via node server only exposes siren on/off.  Too bad.

Again thank you for creating this node server.  I know I will be using this everyday.

Best regards.

Very cool! Kudos!!

Nomenclature needs to be corrected. These are very common mistakes among non-electrical people.

(electrical) Energy is a quantity of electrical energy,    and is measured in kiloWatthours = kWh,     not Watts.

(electrical) Power is the rate of using energy,   and is measured in Watts = W (or kiloWatts = kW),   not kWh.

(electrical) Current is measured in amperes = A,  not Watts

Mixing of these terms is analogous to saying
     "It's 50 MPH to my son's house" ,  or
     "I drove 20 miles, and got a speeding ticket"

5 hours ago, whywork said:

I had installed Wink/Dome Siren on Hubitat because their driver supported multiple siren/chime/sound modes/profiles.  Wink Siren via node server only exposes siren on/off.  Too bad.

If the Dome siren is Z-Wave it's likely supported natively by the ISY with Z-Wave board.  I don't have that device to add additional functions or capabilities to the nodeserver other than what was provided in the Hubitat "generic" siren driver.

Archived