Issue Connecting to One Device

I have a small, but growing, Insteon network. Currently I have 6 Switchlincs (SLs), a Controlinc (CL) and a KPL. I have a switch in my living room that I can't seem to communicate with using the ISY. There is another switch in the same room that is on the same fuse that I can communicate with. I am a little confused that if I can communicate with one, why not the other? I thought Insteon repeated commands so if I get to one, getting to the other should also work. Couple of other facts:

* I do not have any RF repeaters because I am waiting for the new access points to come out. I am hoping this will help fix.

* I have a PLC w/ Houselinc in the same room as my ISY/PLM. The PLC can communicate with the switch in the dining room.

* I have tried both linking and manually adding the address.

* My KPL (on the same fuse) has no issue communicating with the switch.

* My CL (on a different fuse, not sure if a different phase), can also successfully link to the switch.

Any thoughts?

I have a small, but growing, Insteon network. Currently I have 6 Switchlincs (SLs), a Controlinc (CL) and a KPL. I have a switch in my living room that I can't seem to communicate with using the ISY. There is another switch in the same room that is on the same fuse that I can communicate with. I am a little confused that if I can communicate with one, why not the other? I thought Insteon repeated commands so if I get to one, getting to the other should also work. Couple of other facts:

* I do not have any RF repeaters because I am waiting for the new access points to come out. I am hoping this will help fix.

* I have a PLC w/ Houselinc in the same room as my ISY/PLM. The PLC can communicate with the switch in the dining room.

* I have tried both linking and manually adding the address.

* My KPL (on the same fuse) has no issue communicating with the switch.

* My CL (on a different fuse, not sure if a different phase), can also successfully link to the switch.

Any thoughts?

heatvent,

Very interesting and mind buggling at the same time!

Here are my thoughts:

Can you link it to ISY or you cannot even link it? Have you tried resetting the switch? Theoretically, if you can communicate with one switch, and if the one you cannot communicate with is in the same room and same phase, then there are only two possibilities:

a. Signal strength

b. Bad Switch

I think the best test would be to reset the uncommunicating one and see what happens. And, if you need to test and see if this is a signal level issue, we can send you two signalincs (as loaners) and you can return them to us when you're done testing (without having to wait for the access points). If you so choose, please send an email to tech@universal-devices.com.

With regards,

Archived