Can't login to ISY using portal

I followed the instructions for installing the portal here:  https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Portal_Installation_Instructions.  From the portal, I copied the URL into my ISY finder.  I know the URL is correct, because it shows the correct UUID in the ISY finder.  When I connect to the ISY and put in my ID and password, it says "Failed.  Retry Authenticating ISY."  I've tried this probably 15 times over the past few days, so it's not like I'm typing the wrong password or something.  I also went to the portal and copied the other URL (the one that says "URL to ISY" as opposed to the one that says "Admin Console URL" and going to that URL in a browser.  A login window pops up in the browser.  Same problem.  Browser just shows a plain white page with the text "User authorization not valid".

I'm out of ideas here.  What am I doing wrong?  

The common problem is actually with the username/password.  To login to the portal account, an email address is required for the username, unlike the AC, which defaults to a username of "admin".

If you've got the correct email address for the username on the portal account and it still doesn't work, then you might need to contact UDI support: support@universal-devices.com

I am also having difficulties this morning. It connects to JAVA and then the ISY finder, but I am getting an "open socket" error on the site page and nothing loads. In the past I have experienced this when I an not connected to the internet and try to log in, but this time  I am connected. Logged on hundreds of times but this one ...no go. Anyone have any ideas?

9 hours ago, Bumbershoot said:

The common problem is actually with the username/password.  To login to the portal account, an email address is required for the username, unlike the AC, which defaults to a username of "admin".

If you've got the correct email address for the username on the portal account and it still doesn't work, then you might need to contact UDI support: support@universal-devices.com

Thanks!  That was it.  Even though you're logging into the AC, you have to use the login information from the portal webiste, not the login info on your AC.  

Archived