Scene dectection from responders

JacquesB

Hi,

Here is another idea for the ISY controller. Its one thing I do with programs, but I think it is something the controller should / could do on its own. It is the detection of a scene status change by the addition of the responders and not only by the action of the controller. The ISY already have all the info and status changes. It just needs to react to them.

A scene contains 2 lights and all three are off (the scene and the 2 lights).

Both lights are manually turned on, or turned on by the cumulative effect of other scenes.

The ISY controller could detect that now, this scene is completely true, so the scene should be marked as ON.

In my case, a program looks for the status change of these two lights. When one is turned on while the other is already on, a KeypadLinc button controlling that scene is turned on.

Now, as soon as one of the two lights is turned off, the scene is turned off because it is not 100% true anymore. It is an option, the other would be to inverse a scene status only when it is 100% true or 100% False.

The more automation the controller does, smarter it is!

Jacques

Hi Jacques,

Thanks so very much and, yes, this is indeed something we have been postponing since we could not agree on what constitutes a status for a scene: a scene can have multiple controllers each one of which with different scene attributes. It would not be trivial for ISY to maitain the state for each since we would then have to test each individual state change for all the scenes the device belongs to and compare it to the state for each all the controllers therein expect the value to be.

We have agreed to a binary value of On/Off if and only if the scene was activated by ISY. It would not make sense to have the controllers in the scene change the scene status since they might have conflicting semantics. For instance an All on vs. All off controllers.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi,

Here is another idea for the ISY controller. Its one thing I do with programs, but I think it is something the controller should / could do on its own. It is the detection of a scene status change by the addition of the responders and not only by the action of the controller. The ISY already have all the info and status changes. It just needs to react to them.

A scene contains 2 lights and all three are off (the scene and the 2 lights).

Both lights are manually turned on, or turned on by the cumulative effect of other scenes.

The ISY controller could detect that now, this scene is completely true, so the scene should be marked as ON.

In my case, a program looks for the status change of these two lights. When one is turned on while the other is already on, a KeypadLinc button controlling that scene is turned on.

Now, as soon as one of the two lights is turned off, the scene is turned off because it is not 100% true anymore. It is an option, the other would be to inverse a scene status only when it is 100% true or 100% False.

The more automation the controller does, smarter it is!

Jacques

Archived