Put lights back the way they were

skunkiechris

I don't think this can be done, but I'm looking for any suggestions...

When my alarm goes off (fire or burglar) it sends an X10 code, and ISY activates a scene that turns on all of my lights. When the alarm is cleared, I'd like the lights to go back the way they were -- what was on, remains on, what was off, turns off. I can't think of any easy way to accomplish that, any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi Chris,

This is actually a requested feature which we have on our requirements list with a low priority. Personally, I think this is a very good feature. Let me see if we can bump up the priority.

With kind regards,

Michel

I don't think this can be done, but I'm looking for any suggestions...

When my alarm goes off (fire or burglar) it sends an X10 code, and ISY activates a scene that turns on all of my lights. When the alarm is cleared, I'd like the lights to go back the way they were -- what was on, remains on, what was off, turns off. I can't think of any easy way to accomplish that, any ideas?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I know its been a long time since this thread was updated but...

Was this feature added or is it still in the works?

I am new to the ISY-99 (got mine last week) and am working to program everything and this would be a very helpful feature.

I would love to use lights as indicators of certain events and this would make it possible. I could brighten and/or dim a light briefly to indicate something and then restore it back to where it was. An example would be when my garage opens - maybe flash the light in the occupied rooms.

I have used HomeSeer with a PLC for years and I really want to be able to have all my controlling apps in the ISY so I can finally start having my server sleep when not in use otherwise.

Archived