Feature Concept - Variable Tracking for Program based Alexa entities

dywicked

So, on a couple of occasions now I’ve had programs exposed as devices, lights etc. to Alexa where knowing the “status” of the device would be useful - mostly in routines. I was thinking it would be really useful to be able to choose a variable to associate with any program based entity which reflects the virtual status of the program. So, as long as you update the value of the variable in your program you can track on/off state for Alexa’s purposes. Thoughts?

Regards,

-David

So, on a couple of occasions now I’ve had programs exposed as devices, lights etc. to Alexa where knowing the “status” of the device would be useful - mostly in routines. I was thinking it would be really useful to be able to choose a variable to associate with any program based entity which reflects the virtual status of the program. So, as long as you update the value of the variable in your program you can track on/off state for Alexa’s purposes. Thoughts?

Regards,

-David

Programs do have a status. It’s on, or it’s off, and it depends on if the program last ran the then , or the else.

If you want to have a brightness level, then just expose a state variable directly. You can still turn it on or off, which will set the variable to the on value or the off value. You can then have a program that reacts to the on or off values.

Benoit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived