Replacing Remotelinc2

joehuber

Hi Guys,

The old RemoteLinc2 types are different than the Mini Remote types.  For example the 8 Button Remote link 2 is type 00.12 and the 8 Button Mini remote is type 00.1A

We don't currently show them as compatible for replace device but I think we should.  I'll add this to the bug list.

HI Chris

OK I appreciate the detailed insight and now it makes total sense. Glad to hear it may get addressed in the future. Any idea if/how new versions of 4.7 will happen with all the focus on 5.0?

It would be nice if the Replace menuitem was available more/all of the time and an error message posted with the reason if the devices aren't able to be Replaced. Leaving the menuitem hidden until all Replace-criteria are met isn't very helpful to the user and leaves him guessing and bothering lots of nice forum people for something the code already knows in precise detail. If only it communicated that to the end user. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to look into this for us.

Cheers, Joe

3 hours ago, Techman said:

The old remotelinc2 part number is 2444

The newer mini remote part number is 2342 

In your post you're showing both devices installed as 2342. 

Techman... Interesting! SmartHome seems to be very inconsistent. It would seem that a 2444 is also the OpenClose module!

Smart Home web site currently says: "The Mini Remote (formerly known as RemoteLinc 2) is a wireless remote..." Implying that Mini Remote and RemoteLinc2 are two names for the same thing.

Yes, in the screen shots ISY shows both my remotes are model 2342-222 and yet they have different names. What Chris Jahn said about being different device types would explain that... Or maybe ISY is wrong in some of its name and model number association logic and the issue goes beyond just recognizing when to enable the Replace menuitem.

ISY shows the old device as 1206742559_ScreenShot2019-04-24at1_45_41PM.png.e7b226c1b4cec6b72f3dd55561619659.png

and the new device as 388056555_ScreenShot2019-04-24at1_45_53PM.png.f894dcf5faf349953135e09e74d9f12b.png

Sorry for the confusion. Actually the complete part number is 2444a2xx8 for the older remotelinc2

The 2444-222 is the micro open/close module

Smartlabs has a habit of making changes to devices and / or device firmware without any release notes. Apparently, as Chris mentioned, they changed the firmware on the current Mini Remote which was previously called the Remotelinc2. The devices look identical

I've attached the manual for the older Remotelinc22444a2xx8 RemoteLinc 2 manual.pdf.

Archived