Home Assistant ISY Component

fasttimes

3 minutes ago, shbatm said:

@asbril or @MrBill -- Can one of you please use a web browser to go to http://your-isy-ip/rest/subscriptions and post/PM me the result?

Thanks

my HA instance is currently hosed, I tried to restore last nights full snapshot and it apparently has failed...  I'll be back at some point... lol

1 minute ago, MrBill said:

my HA instance is currently hosed, I tried to restore last nights full snapshot and it apparently has failed...  I'll be back at some point... lol

7 minutes ago, shbatm said:

@asbril or @MrBill -- Can one of you please use a web browser to go to http://your-isy-ip/rest/subscriptions and post/PM me the result?

Thanks

<Subscriptions>
<Sub isExpired="no" isPortal="yes" sid="0" sock="42" isReusingSocket="no" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="-1" sock="-1" isReusingSocket="no" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="-1" sock="-1" isReusingSocket="no" isConnecting="no"/>
</Subscripti

@shbatm let me know if you need any more test cases or data.  I haven't upgraded to 6.0 and am still running 5.5 w/ HACS.  My setup is running on Hyper-V so I can easily snapshot test and restore back if needed.  I too have several nodeservers setup along w/ a connection to the ISY portal.  In the past I ran into the the too many connections bug and my ISY would hang but that hasn't happened for for 1.5 years now with my latest HASS install.

4 minutes ago, isyrocks! said:

My setup is running on Hyper-V so I can easily snapshot test and restore back if needed.

If you can try it it'll let me know if there's a more widespread issue or not. The new version uses async to communicate and tries to open more connections to the ISY than the old version. You can also try the version in HACS if that's easier--it uses the same method.

21 minutes ago, asbril said:

<Subscriptions>
<Sub isExpired="no" isPortal="yes" sid="0" sock="42" isReusingSocket="no" isConnecting="no"/>
</Subscripti

The downgrade to 2021.5.5 was successful and almost all devices came back as before. There are a few that don't seem to work, but it will be easy to delete and re-add these.

Thanks

@shbatm  I restored to 2021.5.4 and then reinstalled the update to 2021.6.0

Same issue:

2021-06-03 13:17:44 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry ISY (192.168.1.99) for isy994
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/config/custom_components/isy994/__init__.py", line 175, in async_setup_entry
await isy.initialize()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyisy/isy.py", line 135, in initialize
isy_setup_results = await asyncio.gather(*isy_setup_tasks)
asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 293, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File "/config/custom_components/isy994/__init__.py", line 175, in async_setup_entry
await isy.initialize()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/async_timeout/__init__.py", line 45, in __exit__
self._do_exit(exc_type)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/async_timeout/__init__.py", line 92, in _do_exit
raise asyncio.TimeoutError
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError

No apparent open subscriptions from HA:

<Subscriptions>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="-1" sock="-1" isReusingSocket="no" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="yes" isPortal="no" sid="-1" sock="-1" isReusingSocket="no" isConnecting="no"/>
<Sub isExpired="no" isPortal="yes" sid="0" sock="42" isReusingSocket="no" isConnecting="no"/>
</Subscriptions>

I have not yet removed the HACS package...

Holding for your instruction without trying random ideas....?

1 hour ago, asbril said:

I am sorry to be so ignorant, but I was not able to find this in Configuration.

To be able to edit the configuration,yaml file, there is an add-on (Supervisor-> add-ons) called File Editor.  It will let you update the config and make changes.    There is also a Breaking Changes Integration that you should also have just to make sure that what ever changes you make do not break the system.

9 minutes ago, shbatm said:

@MrBill Yours is still using the HACS version (custom_components is in the path). Try removing that and see if the core loads correctly.

removed HACS custom component.  restarted HA.

2021-06-03 13:49:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry ISY (192.168.1.99) for isy994
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/isy994/__init__.py", line 175, in async_setup_entry
await isy.initialize()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyisy/isy.py", line 135, in initialize
isy_setup_results = await asyncio.gather(*isy_setup_tasks)
asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 293, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/isy994/__init__.py", line 175, in async_setup_entry
await isy.initialize()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/async_timeout/__init__.py", line 45, in __exit__
self._do_exit(exc_type)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/async_timeout/__init__.py", line 92, in _do_exit
raise asyncio.TimeoutError
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError

1 hour ago, Mecheng70 said:

To be able to edit the configuration,yaml file, there is an add-on (Supervisor-> add-ons) called File Editor.  It will let you update the config and make changes.    There is also a Breaking Changes Integration that you should also have just to make sure that what ever changes you make do not break the system.

I successfully downgraded to 2021.5.5 and now I want to see if @shbatm can come with a more permanent solution.

1 hour ago, Mecheng70 said:

I successfully downgraded to 2021.5.5 and now I want to see if @shbatm can come with a more permanent solution.

@asbril-- For lack of a better option at the moment, I would try your upgrade again tomorrow and see if you still get the same error. @MrBill was able to get his up and working through several restarts and attempted troubleshooting, but we didn't find a smoking gun. 

This is a sporadic issue that we saw back in July 2020 when first testing this update, but even then we were never able to recreate, it just started working eventually. My best guess is something with the connection is getting hung open when HA restarts and tries to reconnect to the ISY and it's timing out. I'll continue trying to recreate on my end, but would be worth giving another shot after waiting awhile and attempting a full restart of both the HA machine and ISY again. (I know, cliche to say turn it off and back on, but hey, sometimes it does work...)

50 minutes ago, MrBill said:

@asbril I've been chatting with @shbatm on another platform....  Question... Do you have a second ISY plugged into your network?  (I have a second ISY.. not used with HA, just for testing etc.... When I unplugged it the ISY integration started right up.)

No, I do not have another ISY. Tomorrow I will try the upgrade again as @shbatm suggests. In the worst case, I downgrade again to 5.5

21 minutes ago, isyrocks! said:

Just upgraded to 6.0 and the ISY integration via HACS works great. No issue and no tweaking needed after updating.

Good to hear. If you're on 2021.06.0 you should be able to un-install the HACS version now; everything has been merged over to the Core integration. I'm about to mark it depreciated.

18 hours ago, shbatm said:

@asbril-- For lack of a better option at the moment, I would try your upgrade again tomorrow and see if you still get the same error. @MrBill was able to get his up and working through several restarts and attempted troubleshooting, but we didn't find a smoking gun. 

This is a sporadic issue that we saw back in July 2020 when first testing this update, but even then we were never able to recreate, it just started working eventually. My best guess is something with the connection is getting hung open when HA restarts and tries to reconnect to the ISY and it's timing out. I'll continue trying to recreate on my end, but would be worth giving another shot after waiting awhile and attempting a full restart of both the HA machine and ISY again. (I know, cliche to say turn it off and back on, but hey, sometimes it does work...)

@shbatm I did the 6.1 upgrade again, but unfortunately no success and I am downgrading again.

1 minute ago, asbril said:

You suggest, if 6.2 does not resolve the issue, that I re-install the ISY setup in HA ?

No, that is the quote from the 2021.6.2 release notes.  When you follow the links though the notes about HA issue #51453 the notes about the fix specifically lead back to this thread:

image.png.60f122bee3bb2fecbd88b408cdaee785.png

Essentially 6.2 contains an attempt to fix by retrying the startup of the ISY integration if it fails on the first try.

16 minutes ago, MrBill said:

No, that is the quote from the 2021.6.2 release notes.  When you follow the links though the notes about HA issue #51453 the notes about the fix specifically lead back to this thread:

image.png.60f122bee3bb2fecbd88b408cdaee785.png

Essentially 6.2 contains an attempt to fix by retrying the startup of the ISY integration if it fails on the first try.

?No luck, I am going back to 5.5 again

3 minutes ago, asbril said:

?No luck, I am going back to 5.5 again

@MrBill

@shbatm

It seems that you (@mrbill)  found a way of making it work and I would like to understand how. This being said, I am a low-level amateur techie (though passionate), and hopefully a solution can be found for people like me.

9 minutes ago, asbril said:

It seems that you (@mrbill)  found a way of making it work and I would like to understand how. This being said, I am a low-level amateur techie (though passionate), and hopefully a solution can be found for people like me.

I'm only a mid-grade amateur myself.

What I thought fixed my setup was only a red-herring, my action apparently had nothing to do with it.   I unplugged my second ISY and boom, the 2021.6.0 update worked for me.    However, after HA re-detected the second ISY again, I tried to recreate the problem by restarting HA with both ISY's plugged in... and it still works....

In short, I really have no idea what the problem is.... I just know I'm not having the problem at the moment.

Archived