BETA Release 2.7.5 is now available

MikeB

Thanks for that Tim. I have not been able to repeat this test in my system due to extensive scene testing not permitting me the time. Michel and I have talked at length about this and he is looking into it. It would seem that your results confirm my concern that this is potentially a bug.

And on to another anomaly I experienced:

While testing, at one point I exported, deleted and imported all my programs. When I imported them, one item was out of its folder. Immediatly after the import, this item was selected as though I wanted to change the name of the program. I did not select this, The ISY did it for me. I tested this several times and each time the same program came out of its folder, and was selected for name editing after import.

I did not go through all 242 programs I have looking for other misplaced programs as that was not what I was working on at that point. I was too focused on the main objective. I had to cancel that whole export/import plan as all the programs were enabled, and I did not have the time to go through and un-enable all the programs back to the way they were supposed to be. I restored the ISY from back-up with no difficulty and left this issue in the dust.

Hi Illusion,

Just to add to the uncertainty of it all:

After I ran those tests I reset the kpl and re-linked it to the previous scenes it was in before the tests. Let me tell you that opened a can of worms for me. I started noticing problems with some buttons on other kpl’s! 1 or 2 buttons on different kpl’s would no longer control their scenes.

I would remove, re-link the kpl. It would then work. So I would move on to the next kpl and go thru the same procedure, then it would work. But I would loose a scene control button on one of the previous kpl’s. Thought I was going crazy….

After reading a bunch of posts on kpl troubles I decided to remove the 2 AP’s and let the system rely just on the x10 coupler in the panel. I had previously tuned the x10 coupler to match the Insteon frequency for maximum coupling so I am lucky enough to have probably 99% success rate with all the devices.

Once I removed the AP’s I proceeded to remove and re-link every kpl in the house and re-link all of the scenes and re-associate the devices in all of the programs. Once done it has all been good (knock on wood).

At this point I don’t know if the motion sensors transmitting during switch linking caused the problems or if it was the AP’s re-transmitting caused the problems. But at least I know now to remove the AP’s during any linking I do from now on….

Archived