RemoteLinc Program Scene

KenUD

Hi KenUD,

The first thing I would suggest is to:

1. Open Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer

2. Change the level to 3

3. Click on any of the buttons on your RL and see if there is any traffic in the Event Viewer

If you do see traffic on the Event Viewer, then please copy/paste your program here so that we can check it for problems.

If you do not see any traffic in the Event Viewer, it means that ISY is not hearing the signals from your RL the causes of which may include:

1. There's no Access Point that bridges the RL to the PLM (if your RL is too far from your PLM, then you would need two access points)

2. Noise on the line

3. The PLM does not have the slave links for the RL. For this, you can go to Tools | Diagnostics | Show Device Links Table and choose your RL. After you are done, click on the Compare button. If you have any mismatches, then please restore your RL

Please do keep us posted.

With kind regards,

Michel

I have setup a program to tun on and off some lights. The event is triggered by a button on the remotelinc. The remotelinc button is not linked to anything. The program never sees the trigger. THoughts

Well I did the event viewer. I dont see any of the traffic from any of my RemoteLincs. I just tried several other SwitchLincs and I dont see any traffic. Yet my timed events work fine and I can communicate to the devices. I did do a restore on the RL but no change.

Hi Ken,

In all likelihood, you have a defective PLM. To test, please choose any one of your INSTEON devices, Right mouse click and then choose Restore Device. When done, please go to Tools | Diagnostics | Show PLM Links Table and see if you have any links in your PLM. If you don't, then you have a defective PLM.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived