ISY Launcher failure

Am trying to implement an Insteon hookup using an ISY 994i. Today I ran into a roadblock I'm not sure how to get over.
I plugged in the ISY and connected it to the router.
I downloaded Java and installed the ISY Launcher, which starts.
Today the 2413S arrived and I connected it to the ISY.
This is what happens now.

When I start the Launcher, I get this wordy error message:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Local\Temp\udi_launcher.state (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.universaldevices.isyfinder.ISYFinder.restoreState(Unknown Source)
at com.universaldevices.isyfinder.ISYFinder.restoreState(Unknown Source)
at com.universaldevices.isyfinder.ISYFinder$7.run(Unknown Source)

I could be wrong, but I don't think that's a big deal; this happened before I got the 2413S.

The ISY Finder shows one device, name ISY, type ISY9941, version 4.7.3.
I click on it and select "Admin console".
I authenticate my userid and password, and click OK.
Then
Error: Your system is in Safe Mode!
> This is normally caused when the system cannot communicate with the PLM.
> [Check wiring, etc.]
> If the problem persists, in all likelihood, the PLM is defective.

I get the same result if I simply disconnect and unplug the 2413S.
I have checked the wiring, the sockets, and rebooted the system. No change. The green LED is lit on the 2314S, no sign of trouble there.
I don't want to return the 2413S as defective based on this one error message without some confirmation.
FWIW, the specs on the 2413S read
Insteon ID: 4C.19.DC
Model: 2413S
Revision: 2.4 0318
What is the best approach here?

What's the state of the LEDS on the front of the ISY?

TRY these steps:

1. Unplug the PLM, wait for 30 seconds
  2. Press and hold the set button on the PLM while unplugged for 10 seconds … continue holding the set button on the PLM and then plug the PLM back in and while continuing to hold the set button on the PLM wait for another 10 seconds
  3. Reboot ISY and login to the Admin Console
  4. If you still get the Safe Mode dialog, then try pushing up the pins inside the RJ45 on the PLM (perhaps they are not making good contact), plug the cable back, reboot ISY, and then login to the Admin Console

Thanks! Curiously, the problem seems to have cured itself; after several unpluggings and repluggings of the PLM and disconnecting and reconnecting the cable, the admin console started without error. I did a factory reset anyway as you suggested. And I hid the display of the Java console, which I think was just a distraction.

To answer your question, when I first attached the ISY, before the PLM arrived, only the Power LED lit up.

Then when I attached the PLM, the Rx light stayed on; then the Rx light and the error message went away about the same time, and now I see only the Power light.

It looks like I'm over the first hurdle; I'm sure there will be more as I link devices...

2 hours ago, ronks said:

Thanks! Curiously, the problem seems to have cured itself; after several unpluggings and repluggings of the PLM and disconnecting and reconnecting the cable, the admin console started without error. I did a factory reset anyway as you suggested. And I hid the display of the Java console, which I think was just a distraction.

To answer your question, when I first attached the ISY, before the PLM arrived, only the Power LED lit up.

Then when I attached the PLM, the Rx light stayed on; then the Rx light and the error message went away about the same time, and now I see only the Power light.

It looks like I'm over the first hurdle; I'm sure there will be more as I link devices...

Take a look at this link    https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

This contain just about everything you'll need to know moving forward. Enjoy

• 1 year later...

Archived