simple programming question

No. I don't think the ISY and Insteon/z-wave can deliver the level of precision you are looking for.

There can be variability of time, in seconds, for each of the 'set device on' and 'set device off' commands based on delivery, delivery path, acknolwedgement and retries of the on and off commands. Typically its not a problem, but it does happen.

Paul

12 minutes ago, paulbates said:

No. I don't think the ISY and Insteon/z-wave can deliver the level of precision you are looking for.

There can be variability of time, in seconds, for each of the 'set device on' and 'set device off' commands based on delivery, delivery path, acknolwedgement and retries of the on and off commands. Typically its not a problem, but it does happen.

Paul 

Not to mention, other network traffic can cause your commands to wait, assuming you have a robust network and the PLM can see all of it, or even longer if you have a collision.  I believe that each Insteon command takes about 15-ish cycles to complete, or 1/4 of a second, with the basic triple retransmission and such.

Archived