Beyond Version 2.7.0

NewTech

After upgrading from version 2.7.0 to version 2.7.3 and now to version 2.7.5 all of my new LampLincs I add to my system appear as version v.00 and only show up as responders and not controllers. Is there a reason for this? Are there plans for this to be corrected in future upgrades?

Hi Mike, long time no see! Hope all is well.

Are you adding them by address or by link method? If by address, would you be kind enough to try the linking method and let me know what you find?

With kind regards,

Michel

After upgrading from version 2.7.0 to version 2.7.3 and now to version 2.7.5 all of my new LampLincs I add to my system appear as version v.00 and only show up as responders and not controllers. Is there a reason for this? Are there plans for this to be corrected in future upgrades?

Hello,

Sorry to jump in but I noticed that when I added KPL’s and a couple of new Icon 2876D and 2876S’s and 2420M MS to the system running 2.7.5 and the version was also listed as v00 on all of them.

Just tried linking another 2876S via the address and same situation. Removed that device from the system and tried linking as you suggested Michel and it came up as v.36

Will that mean we have to remove all the devices and link them in to get the version listed? If so, is there an easy way to do it without having an extra KPL?

Are there any problems which may occur if we leave it as is?

I also noticed after replacing the dimmer switch that all the programs referencing that dimmer listed “Not Specified.â€

Here is an example:

If

Program 'Time Sunrise-10 to Sunset+10' is True

And Status <Not Specified> > 1%

And Status 'MB Bath MS-Sensor' is Off

And Control <Not Specified> is not switched Off

And the last thing I noticed after replacing the dimmer switch is that “Adjust Scene†programs loose track of the device also:

Then

In Scene 'MB Bath MS-Sensor' Set 'null' 0% (On Level)

Thanks,

Tim

Hello Tim,

Some devices do not respond to ID Req which provides the device type. We use ID Req when you add devices by address and I suspect that's where the problem lies. When you add by linking, the device type is returned in the link response and thus we do not issue an ID Req. In any case, I am going to add this to our bug list to make sure it's investigated.

As far as your programs, unfortunately that's the case when you replace devices. Fortunately, you can use the Find/Replace function to replace those with the correct ones.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello,

Sorry to jump in but I noticed that when I added KPL’s and a couple of new Icon 2876D and 2876S’s and 2420M MS to the system running 2.7.5 and the version was also listed as v00 on all of them.

Just tried linking another 2876S via the address and same situation. Removed that device from the system and tried linking as you suggested Michel and it came up as v.36

Will that mean we have to remove all the devices and link them in to get the version listed? If so, is there an easy way to do it without having an extra KPL?

Are there any problems which may occur if we leave it as is?

I also noticed after replacing the dimmer switch that all the programs referencing that dimmer listed “Not Specified.”

Here is an example:

If

Program 'Time Sunrise-10 to Sunset+10' is True

And Status > 1%

And Status 'MB Bath MS-Sensor' is Off

And Control is not switched Off

And the last thing I noticed after replacing the dimmer switch is that “Adjust Scene” programs loose track of the device also:

Then

In Scene 'MB Bath MS-Sensor' Set 'null' 0% (On Level)

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Mike, long time no see! Hope all is well.

Are you adding them by address or by link method? If by address, would you be kind enough to try the linking method and let me know what you find?

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel, you're right... long time no see and that's because everything is working just fine!!! Even my wife now likes the system!!!

I added them via the address method but will try to add them by the link method tonight when I get home and report my findings.

Michel,

I removed one of the two devices from the ISY and tried relinking by the auto linking method and for the one I did it came back as the correct version. I'm glad that I only have two devices that I must remove and relink via the auto linking method because if I had to do all of them it would be very time consuming. And, these two devices are only members in a grand total of 5 scenes!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update. We have to figure out what's causing these anomalies ... I know for a fact that a few devices do not respond to ID Req. But, KPLs, SWLs, and LL/ALs have never had this issue. There must surely be something wrong somewhere.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

I removed one of the two devices from the ISY and tried relinking by the auto linking method and for the one I did it came back as the correct version. I'm glad that I only have two devices that I must remove and relink via the auto linking method because if I had to do all of them it would be very time consuming. And, these two devices are only members in a grand total of 5 scenes!

Archived