Programming for 2420M Motion Sensor / dual purposes

TJF1960

Yes that is possible. And the ISY can restart the timer when it sees another On, but the MS won't send another On until it times out with no motion for the set time period.

You may want to try it using only a program. We have that in our kitchen and are not bothered by the delay, though it is probably <0.5 second here. Certainly not 1-2 seconds. I watch for the Off and then start the Wait. If another On comes the Wait quits.

If
       Control 'Kitchen Motion Sensor' is switched Off
   And Control 'Kitchen Motion Sensor' is not switched On

Then

I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying. What I'm referring to is setting the jumper to only send on commands and then add the motion sensor as a controller for a scene. That way a scene could be turned on by a MS, but would have to be turned off by a program.

Doing this, there would never be a "switched off" event from the MS to trigger your program. There would only be "switched on" events. Your program above would only work if the motion sensor could switch on and off, right?

If what I'm saying is right, and if you set your MS up like this, would there be a way to restart the timer if another "switched on" event is sent from the MS?

Another question.... Will the set scene command work for dimmers only? IOW, if you have an on/off relay switch in the scene, it would only turn on with the scene on command wouldn't it?

Yes, if you use Control the program will restart whenever the On is sent.

If
       Control 'Backyard-Sensor' is switched On

Then
       Wait  3 minutes 
       Send X10 'A1/All Lights Off (1)'

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Sorry I misunderstood.

I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying. What I'm referring to is setting the jumper to only send on commands and then add the motion sensor as a controller for a scene. That way a scene could be turned on by a MS, but would have to be turned off by a program.

Doing this, there would never be a "switched off" event from the MS to trigger your program. There would only be "switched on" events. Your program above would only work if the motion sensor could switch on and off, right?

If what I'm saying is right, and if you set your MS up like this, would there be a way to restart the timer if another "switched on" event is sent from the MS?

Another question.... Will the set scene command work for dimmers only? IOW, if you have an on/off relay switch in the scene, it would only turn on with the scene on command wouldn't it?

You can set a relay to 0% using the Adjust Scene command.

Rand

Archived