2420M: Short battery Life and No Low battery warning

CJVann

Does the low battery status work on 2420M's?

Is anyone else having problems with (some) 2420M's eating batteries every couple of weeks?

I have two 2420M motions sensors that I got around Feb.

#1 Eats Duracel batteries like M&Ms. It is set to only send commands at night, the status LED is on, and traffic is minimal.

#2 Is still on it's original included battery. Status LED is off, but it is outdoors and sends commands CONSTANTLY all day long.

I ordered a replacement for the "defective" one, and 9 days later the (included) battery was dead on that one too.

Lastly - the low battery status has never been set on any of these units when the battery dies. Does it work? Not only has the ISY never emailed me as programmed, nor shown a low battery status in the command console, but HomeSeer also monitors the status of the battery and shows that it has never received a command from these units (they otherwise communicate fine).

In the beta, the motion sensors were going through batteries very quickly, because the sensors were never going to sleep (were always listening for RF signal). I experienced this myself.

The problem was corrected for the production version. My production unit is still on its original battery. The beta version did send the low battery ON command; can't say from experience about the production unit.

Could this be a regression?

Archived