Upgrading from 4.6.2 to Latest Build

elite-rob

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently on UI version 4.6.2 and firmware 4.7.3.

I was hoping to upgrade to the latest and greatest version.

As of this post, the latest version seems to be "5.0.15A Beta".

I've got some new motion detectors that I understand will only work on the latest version.

I understand this is a big leap forward and may require a lot of manual intervention.

I'm just wondering if (a) people recommend updating and (b) how I kick-off the process.

I saw this in the documentation and was confused: You must use the 5.0.9 Admin Console or greater to upgrade to this release (5.0.15).

Since I'm not on 5.0.9, how do I upgrade to 5.0.15? This is one of the prerequisites and I don't want to start anything until I understand what this means. 

Also, I'm not clear which firmware I need:

-  ISY 994i Series including Insteon & Z-Wave support

-  ISY 994i ZW, Z, or ZS Series (Z-Wave/Zigbee and/or if you do NOT have a PLM)

Since I'm using the ISY 994i Pro with Insteon devices, I assume it's the first one?

Thanks in advance!

Before you do anything you need to update your UI. The UI and the ISY firmware need to be the same version.  Click on the link below

I would also suggest updating to 4.7.3. then do an ISY backup before you try to update to 5.x.x

The new motion sensor will work with 4.7.3, but in a limited capacity. The sensor will default to a  30 seconds on signal and cannot be changed.

If you decide to update to 5.015A you'll find a lot of update tips in the forum.  You should use the option that includes Insteon and Zwave support.

Thanks a lot, Techman!

Appreciate the help and suggestion.

I followed that link and now I have both the firmware and UI showing 4.7.3.

I also saved a new backup, per your reco.

I probably want to customize the motion sensors more than a 30 second 'on' command, which is really the key reason I'm looking at the 5.x beta releases.

In your opinion is 5.015A stable enough or would you wait? I can certainly go longer without the motion sensors working if I had to.

Thanks again!

11 hours ago, elite-rob said:

Thanks a lot, Techman!

Appreciate the help and suggestion.

I followed that link and now I have both the firmware and UI showing 4.7.3.

I also saved a new backup, per your reco.

I probably want to customize the motion sensors more than a 30 second 'on' command, which is really the key reason I'm looking at the 5.x beta releases.

In your opinion is 5.015A stable enough or would you wait? I can certainly go longer without the motion sensors working if I had to.

Thanks again!

Even though 5.015A is a beta release it appears to be quite stable.

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, TMR Rudy said:

My ISY Firmware is at v4.7.3

UI v4.6.2

Sorry, but could not find the link to upgrade the UI only.

Looking to upgrade to 5.x

Before starting the upgrade, first switch to using the ISY Launcher. It automatically makes sure you use the right UI for any firmware. From that point on, run the ISY Launcher, start.jnlp and not admin.jnlp

Paul

On 7/28/2019 at 3:41 PM, Techman said:

Before you do anything you need to update your UI. The UI and the ISY firmware need to be the same version.  Click on the link below

I would also suggest updating to 4.7.3. then do an ISY backup before you try to update to 5.x.x

The new motion sensor will work with 4.7.3, but in a limited capacity. The sensor will default to a  30 seconds on signal and cannot be changed.

If you decide to update to 5.015A you'll find a lot of update tips in the forum.  You should use the option that includes Insteon and Zwave support.

Michale, were do I get the UI upgrade.  I am currently at v4.7.3 (ISY) and v4.6.2 (UI)

1 minute ago, TMR Rudy said:

Paul I have ISY Launcher going just can't find were to download or upgrade is?

Just now, TMR Rudy said:

I am showing Manually upgrade

Rudy

Yes, because its a Release Candidate (RC) and not the official release, you have to download it from the site. Scroll down to 3. and pick the firmware that's appropriate for you set up. If you're not sure, respond back with your setup... insteon only, zwave only.. and/or have a smartmeter connected to your isy

Paul

2 minutes ago, TMR Rudy said:

Michale, were do I get the UI upgrade.  I am currently at v4.7.3 (ISY) and v4.6.2 (UI)

Rudy

Your UI should be the right level if you are using the ISY Launcher. Something it wrong right there. Are you starting by running Start.jnlp only, not admin.jnlp

Paul

Paul, I read a post from Michael that stated you need to have ISY and UI at the same version before upgrading?

Rudy, correct. But the ISY Lancher looks at that and downloads the right one. They should not be out of synch if you're using the launcher.

Here is the link to the correct ISY FW to download for 5.0.16

Okay I have to go figure that out then.  I am using a. launcher on a Mac.  Could mine be old?

No, I've never had to update it. Can you show me the icon you click to start up when you see a different firmware and UI?

Its a link to the zip file with the FW version appropriate for an insteon only setup. When I click it, it downloads that zip file to my download folder... That file is what you point the UI at for a manual upgrade... assuming you've backed up what you have and work through the different existing UI and FW issue.

Paul

Archived