Aeotec Doorbell 6 - Z Wave Support.

I was excited to purchase the 2nd gen Aeotec Doorbell 6. However, when I went to add it to my Z-Wave network it did not correctly identify and setup the device on my ISY944i ZW+. I reached out to Aeotec about when to expect support. They were amazingly quick to reply. In hopes to find out about ISY Support I am posting their reply.

"You will need to reach out to ISY support to determine if they plan to further support Doorbell 6 into their Z-Wave gateway. The commands needed to be supported to maximum controls are Multichannel Command Class with Sound Switch Command Class."

Do we know if and when these new ZWave objects will be added to the ISY Code?
NOTE: I did upgrade to 5.0.15A in hopes for support but still not there.

Please Advise,
Chad
Edited by CH491
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello,

I am in need of a door bell that integrates with my ISY device.  I saw that some code had been added to one of the latest releases to support the Aeotec door bell.  Can you now use an Aeotec door bell as a "door bell" and have the door bell button push used as a trigger for other actions?

3 hours ago, WGKirby said:

In 5.0.16 RC1 description there is this line, (0000698 - Support Z-Wave Aeotec Doorbell 6 (Sound Switch Command class)).  Not sure if this means the door bell button push is captured now or not.  

I noticed that (after you mentioned it - TY). I was previously testing on 5.0.15 so this weekend will be a upgrade and test. :)

A while back I bought two of the older Aeotec doorbells expecting that they would work since everyone was talking about them so much ( I should have read more closely).  I don't want to buy the doorbell 6 if it is not going to work.  I appreciate you trying this.

On 4/26/2020 at 10:30 PM, AnthemAVM said:

Any updates on if this works? 

Sorry for the delay. I have upgrades to v5.0.16C(RC1) and Z-wave Firmware at v4.55

The Doorbell is added and installed correctly now. :) There are 8 'sound switches' detailed in the manual for separate purposes. (Sound Switch 3 is Door Button 1) you can set the volume and default tone from the manual there are 30 preloaded tones. Once installed you can use the doorbell as a responder to scenes so you can use the speaker as a output device for your events and programs. (i.e. play a tone when a door scenes open, or siren in an emergency, trust me 100% volume is LOUD my dog hates me). Of course, the main use would be for the Door Button to set off a chime (normal doorbell operation). That works no problem.  

However here is where you might not like it. You currently cannot use it as a scene controller (Trigger a scene when pushed). That being said, you can write a program that checks the value of "current tone". (by matching the tone number number 1-30). So I have my doorbell button 1 set to tone 4. I then have a program that says if sound switch #3's (Button1's) current tone = 4 (meaning it is playing the sound) then run the program 'then' code and when the tone is done (quick play) it will run the 'else' I added a wait in the else so it waits 30 second before running the command. So you can use the button as a "trigger". Now here is a weird part. When push the button right away ISY reports (Main Tab - Sound Switch #3) Default Tone = 4 is playing. But the program with the if clause takes 6-8 seconds to start the program. I am not sure why the delay. 

So that is what I have for you or anyone the wants to use the AeoTech Doorbell 6 with an ISY  ISY944i ZW+

Please comment if you have any information regarding the delay please let me know. 

Doorbell6-ISY.png

Doorbell6-Prog-ISY.png

13 minutes ago, gzahar said:

Check for zwave communication issues. Maybe try a heal.
Watch the event log.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This isnt a network issue. It was a firmware issue. He got it working once he updated to the latest.

Edited by lilyoyo1
  • Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey @CH491

I've just gotten the doorbell installed, and it seems that the program no longer works the same way with the current firmware 5.3.0

I checked the log and it seems that "Current Tone" is no longer updated when the button is pressed. The status stays on the "off" as if it's never pressed. I went into the log and it is never logged.

I wanted to receive a text message when the doorbell rings, so the only thing I could do is use "Siren Alarm 1" status in the IF statement, which is changed whenever the doorbell rings. The downside is that I'm not able to distinguish between different button rings or other alarms.

I'm wondering if you've noticed a similar change with your setup?

Best,
Ian

No updates ?

Not sure where to post this question to get a better answer...

Personally I'm not overly concerned about it since I only need the text notification when away from home, in which case I can always check my cameras. But I can imagine that it would be useful for some other folks to have the notifications separated.

16 hours ago, dingding0220 said:

No updates ?

Not sure where to post this question to get a better answer...

Personally I'm not overly concerned about it since I only need the text notification when away from home, in which case I can always check my cameras. But I can imagine that it would be useful for some other folks to have the notifications separated.

I am aware of your post but not sure what I can do to help. Mine is still working fine with the setup above but I have not upgraded to 5.3.0 yet. 

I will have to look but this would be an issue for the ISY team. I am just a user :)

Edited by CH491