ISY ELK intergration not possible

Mike R

I have a new ISY and an Elk M1 with new firmware. I have tried everything to connect the ISY to the Elk but no luck. I have followed all instructions and tried from several computers. I can access the Elk and ISY with an app from my phone. They are next to each other on the same hub. I can also connect to both from my laptop.

What am I missing?

Mike

Make sure that the port info is correct and your using the non-secure port. You also need to enter a valid alarm code pin in the isy setup.
I'm new to ELK as well, mine is working except for arming which I haven't investigated yet, but why non secure? Wiki says:

994 PRO Series v3.3.5+: the Secure port number that you configured for the M1XEP (default 2601). Please consult ISY Network Security Guide to configure HTTPS Client Settings to:

Protocol: TLS 1.0 (or below)

Strength: Medium (or above

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL with Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies.  I have tried all instructions shown and I am using non secure port.  I can connect with an iOS app so I know connectivity is not the issue. The only difference from the wiki is that I am using a dynamic ip with a reservation versus static. I will try that next. 

Any other trouble shooting tips?

when your elk and isy are on the same lan, you use the non-secure port.  Go into Elk m1xep setup under TCP/IP settings (in Elk RP2) page and enable the nonsecure port (2101).  Then set the ISY to use port 2101 and also input the code you use to arm your system.
Thanks, wasn't sure why secure port would be needed on the LAN.

4 hours ago, Mike R said:

Thanks for the replies.  I have tried all instructions shown and I am using non secure port.  I can connect with an iOS app so I know connectivity is not the issue. The only difference from the wiki is that I am using a dynamic ip with a reservation versus static. I will try that next. 

Any other trouble shooting tips?

that isn't going to fix it.  A router assigned static address is no different than a device set static ip address (except that a router assigned address prevents you from screwing up and setting multiple devices to the same ip).  They both result in the device being at that ip all the time.  And this is only an issue after reboots when you might get a new ip address depending on your routers reserved ip time for dhcp and how long your device was offline.

I assume you have confirmed your isy and elk are both on the same subnet.  ie, they both have the same first 3 sets of numbers (like 192.168.1.x)  If both your Elk and ISY are getting dhcp assigned ip from the same router, and you don't have a fancy router with vlan's configured, then they will be.

And the other big thing, you CAN NOT BE LOGGED INTO ELK RP2!!   When the Elk panel is logged into by ElkRP2, it will not connect to anything else.

Yes they are on the same subnet. I can access both from iOS apps from internal and external ip so I know connectivity is not the issue. I think there is a bug on the ISY software. That is why I was going to try the static ip in case the ISY software was looking for it. 

This is for a customer.  I have set this up in the past without a problem. New install, both the ISY and Elk were just purchased and are the latest firmware. 

???????

1 hour ago, mrobles said:

Yes they are on the same subnet. I can access both from iOS apps from internal and external ip so I know connectivity is not the issue. I think there is a bug on the ISY software. That is why I was going to try the static ip in case the ISY software was looking for it. 

This is for a customer.  I have set this up in the past without a problem. New install, both the ISY and Elk were just purchased and are the latest firmware. 

???????

I have the latest firmware and mine is working fine.  In fact it has never not worked on any firmware version since I got the Elk module when it first came out years ago.  And I have installed most of the firmware alpha/betas along the way.  Every time I didn't have connectivity I soon realized it was because I forget to disconnect from Elk RP.

Thanks, wasn't sure why secure port would be needed on the LAN.

There was a change in the secure protocol and it broke it. The only way for Elk/ISY to communicate now is via nonsecure port but as stated already it wont matter bc its on the same network. There was a long thread about this maybe last year around this time.

Another thing to bear in mind (this has caught many out).

The Elk network interface can only accept a single client. If you have a connection open from your phone, ISY will not be able to connect.

Make sure ALL other clients of the Elk are disconnected!

Archived