I have a scene (Movie Done) in which one of the plug-in dimmers (Insteon) is not responding to the scene. Instead of ramping up to 98%, it changes to 6%. Most of the time I use voice commands to control the scene. The program log shows the lamp @ 98%, then immediately two commands (program?) & the light level changes to 6%. Don’t have any idea where the commands with a value? of 15 are coming from. Any ideas?

587137684_MovieDonescene.thumb.PNG.080dc4bb3a83f800d10ab96742119405.PNG

Movie Mini Remote - [ID 006B][Parent 0001]

If

Control '.Fam Rm Rem - E (Movie Time)' is switched On

And Control '.Fam Rm Rem - E (Movie Time)' is not switched Off

Then

Wait  4 seconds

Set Scene 'Movie Time' On

Wait  4 minutes

Set 'ZW 003 TV back light' 46%

Set 'ZW 005 Kitchen Cabinet Light' 30%

Else

Wait  3 seconds

Set Scene 'Movie Done' On

Wait  6 minutes

Set 'ZW 003 TV back light' Off

Set 'ZW 005 Kitchen Cabinet Light' 100%

Set 'China Closet Lamp' Off

Wait  1 hour 23 minutes and 36 seconds (Random)

Set 'Corner Cabinet Lamp LampLinc' Off

Set 'Kitchen Island ToggleLink Dim' Fade Down

Log File after running Movie Done scene.

image.png.5892b97ca529933cc8db92518f408c83.png

Sometimes after a lot of time, or brownout/blackouts, Insteon modules lose their settings.

I suggest right-click on the device in the admin console and picking "Restore Device". If that doesn't do it, factory reset the device, then Restore Device

Paul

23 hours ago, paulbates said:

Sometimes after a lot of time, or brownout/blackouts, Insteon modules lose their settings.

I suggest right-click on the device in the admin console and picking "Restore Device". If that doesn't do it, factory reset the device, then Restore Device

Paul

I tried your suggestion a couple of times with no luck. I believe the problem is related to the two "On" commands received after the module  reaches 98%, per the scene settings. Not sure where the On commands are coming from.

6 minutes ago, paulbates said:

Ok. If I'm reading the log right, the source for the ons is a program or programs.. log column second from the right.  Are there other programs associated with that lamp? 

Paul

Yes, there other programs associated with that lamp, but none that should run every-time that when that scene is "called"; specially sending the 6% level command to that lamp. I will take a break then check the programs again to see if I'm missing something. Thanks for your input.

4 minutes ago, edgar said:

Yes, there other programs associated with that lamp, but none that should run every-time that when that scene is "called"; specially sending the 6% level command to that lamp. I will take a break then check the programs again to see if I'm missing something. Thanks for your input.

A suggestion is to disable those programs and see if the problem goes away. Its more than coincidental that its happening at exactly the same time

Paul

2 hours ago, edgar said:

FIY. Admin Console has a search and replace function to find device, variable etc. usage . Right click on any program and select it from the dropdown menu.

On 8/16/2019 at 6:02 PM, paulbates said:

A suggestion is to disable those programs and see if the problem goes away. Its more than coincidental that its happening at exactly the same time

Paul

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try.

Edgar

On 8/16/2019 at 8:07 PM, larryllix said:

FIY. Admin Console has a search and replace function to find device, variable etc. usage . Right click on any program and select it from the dropdown menu.

Thanks for the info, will be very helpful to find.

Thanks to Paul & larryllix for your input. The problem was the Great Rm.Table Lamp Dim program. I added the Else line last week (6%), believing that line would run only @ 10:31 PM and not anytime a Great Rm.Table Lamp On was issued.  Thanks again.

Edgar

2050978767_GreatRmTablelampDim6.PNG.bcfab214d95ec0a4b1c0f9b124271adc.PNG

Thanks to Paul & larryllix for your input. The problem was the Great Rm.Table Lamp Dim program. I added the Else line last week (6%), believing that line would run only @ 10:31 PM and not anytime a Great Rm.Table Lamp On was issued.  Thanks again.

Edgar

2050978767_GreatRmTablelampDim6.PNG.bcfab214d95ec0a4b1c0f9b124271adc.PNG

On that same pulldown menu there is also a 'copy to clipboard' for pasting programs here.

Careful with the dimmed values. They may not be exact at next program run

Sent using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, larryllix said:

On that same pulldown menu there is also a 'copy to clipboard' for pasting programs here.

Careful with the dimmed values. They may not be exact at next program run

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks. I have to get more familiar with the pulldown menu. So far no problem with the dimmed values.

Archived