Using Collected Data to make automation learn

TomL

I was wondering if anyone knows of a program or uses a program that will take data that has been collected by ISY logs and other HA sources and analyze it to create a machine learning, so to speak, for home automation systems.  There was a project that I ran across on GitHub a while back where someone was using SmartThings or HomeSeer, don't remeber which and can't  find again, data to automate functions.  It would execute an action or series of actions, based on past data and then ask for yes/no as to whether this was a wanted action or not.  I know you can manually sift through the ISY logs, etc., and find when certain devices are activated and develop a pattern to develop a homes daily routine, but was just curious if and how anyone is using this data currently to exact a more efficient functioning HA system?

No its a wierd question, but I am known for wondering about strange things.

Thanks

Tom

40 minutes ago, TomL said:

I was wondering if anyone knows of a program or uses a program that will take data that has been collected by ISY logs and other HA sources and analyze it to create a machine learning, so to speak, for home automation systems.  There was a project that I ran across on GitHub a while back where someone was using SmartThings or HomeSeer, don't remeber which and can't  find again, data to automate functions.  It would execute an action or series of actions, based on past data and then ask for yes/no as to whether this was a wanted action or not.  I know you can manually sift through the ISY logs, etc., and find when certain devices are activated and develop a pattern to develop a homes daily routine, but was just curious if and how anyone is using this data currently to exact a more efficient functioning HA system?

No its a wierd question, but I am known for wondering about strange things.

Thanks

Tom

The ISY logs don't show everything. They show most of the updated statuses and a few other things. IIRC Insteon  scenes don't send status updates back so tht may be a large chunk of the HA.

How would we pronounce it? AIHA, AI/HA, HAAI, HA/AI, AHA! :)

Archived