I/OLinc questions - Sensor vs Relay?

RichTJ99

Hi,

The way I would like to set up the I/OLinc is when I press the on, it does a momentary on. I called Smarthome & they said hold the set button for 3 seconds, 3 times. I temporarily linked it up to the "Laundry Button B" for testing. It works great, when I press B, it opens, when I press "B" a second time it works again.

It looks like there is an "on/off" option in teh relay portion. Is that correct? I want each press to trigger the door for a second.

Also, I do not have a sensor, what is that used for? Is it valuable?

Thanks,

Rich

Hi,

I looked here: http://www.smarthome.com/24950A9/I-O-Linc-INSTEON-RF-Proximity-Reader-Kit/p.aspx

at the bottom it shows all the different kits. I get it a little more now. I wish some of these could be wireless. The door closure could be nice, but I think with the ISY & Triggerlinc you could get the same effect. I am not a big wire person myself.

The door lock is cool too. The keypad is neat. I saw the "headphone" jack & thought there might be generic connectors - which I dont think is the case.

Whats too bad is that there is no water detection kit. I am not having a great sucess rate for my Triggerlinc attempt at it.

Thanks,

Rich

I agree that for the Door and Window Sensor. A TriggerLinc and magnetic switch maybe better for some installations. I believe the I/OLinc kit may have been released before the TriggerLinc was being sold.

I did get the Flood Stop Sensor [part of the now on hold I/OLinc Flood Detector Kit] to work with my kit. Had to add a few electronic parts to get the proper on off sense with water. I also had to use the +5 Volt output from the I/OLinc to do what I wanted.

I found a problem with the Proximity Switch Kit and posted my findings. So far; one month now; Smarthome still has not updated the on line Quick Start Guide to fix the hung On relay problem.

Archived