Configure Open/Close sensor (2843-222)

Niick_W

I'm new to ISY 944i (but I've been programming Insteon devices for years). using F/W V 5.0.15A

I've added all my devices to the PLM, and just added my Open/Close sensors  (2843-222 v40 and v43). All seems good.

I was wondering if there is a way to edit the configuration of these sensors from within the Admin Console, like you can with other devices?

The developer notes show that there are several variables that can be changed for these sensors; such as send 2 groups (ie activate the closed group),  repeat ON or OFF,  LED On/Off, and set LED brightness.

I have changed these values in the past (via various hack methods). See page 27 of the developer notes attached.

I would expect a 'config" button at the bottom of the screen, but it's not there. is this functionality just not in the Admin console?

Thanks,

2843-222dev-102013-en.pdf

1 hour ago, Niick_W said:

I'm new to ISY 944i (but I've been programming Insteon devices for years). using F/W V 5.0.15A

I've added all my devices to the PLM, and just added my Open/Close sensors  (2843-222 v40 and v43). All seems good.

I was wondering if there is a way to edit the configuration of these sensors from within the Admin Console, like you can with other devices?

The developer notes show that there are several variables that can be changed for these sensors; such as send 2 groups (ie activate the closed group),  repeat ON or OFF,  LED On/Off, and set LED brightness.

I have changed these values in the past (via various hack methods). See page 27 of the developer notes attached.

I would expect a 'config" button at the bottom of the screen, but it's not there. is this functionality just not in the Admin console?

Thanks,

2843-222dev-102013-en.pdf 120.71 kB · 0 downloads

There's really no need to change the configuration. All you really need is the open status and the heartbeat signal.

Being that the developers are constantly changing / updating the device firmware, usually without release notes, it's practically impossible for the ISY to support every option on every device

Archived