Keypad - One button for both On and Off?

Hi again everyone, newbie request:

All X-10 devices have been either replaced with new Insteon devices or eliminated entirely, signal boosters and amplifiers included. 

I am down to my last install at my front gate. The gate controller uses a simple relay connection, normally open, that responds to the same brief pulse to both open the gate and close the gate.  I have an I/OLinc 2450 which I have set to relay mode, normally open, default 2 second “pulse”.  I have linked it to an in-wall keypad.  What I would like to do is use only one button to both open and close the gate.  I followed the online instructions but I’m missing something because when I push the button, the relay led briefly brightens, which is what I want but a second push of the button doesn’t do anything.  The next button push once again results in the desired bright led pulse and the following push again does nothing.  How can I get each press of the keypad button to positively trigger the relay?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, DirtRoad said:

I thought I did that...  Cycled through pushing the relay set button 3 times and 3 times again.  Am I misunderstanding the instructions

You need to do it from the Admin console not from the device itself.

Click on your IOLinc Device in the Admin console, then click on Options at the bottom of that screen.

Techman

Thank you so very much!  Your followup information helped me recall that I had read that back when I was first learning about the system BUT I would NEVER have made the connection and I had no understanding of the options selection(s)...

You saved my sanity, or a reasonable facsimile of same...

2 hours ago, DirtRoad said:

Techman

Thank you so very much!  Your followup information helped me recall that I had read that back when I was first learning about the system BUT I would NEVER have made the connection and I had no understanding of the options selection(s)...

You saved my sanity, or a reasonable facsimile of same...

Here's some links to some helpful ISY info:

UDI Wiki:  https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

UDI Cookbook:  http://www.universal-devices.com/docs/production/The+ISY994+Home+Automation+Cookbook.pdf

Archived