New PLC, some devices won't update

I have about 35 Insteon devices in my home, and 994i.   My PLM died, and I replaced it and ran "restore modem".    A few devices still showed pending updates, and I went through them one at a time, right clicking and selecting "Write updates to device".    That worked for several devices, but I have two that are still not accepting the update.    A few are modules that are used seasonally that I haven't dug out yet, but one is a KPL that has an outdoor light as its load that we are really missing.   This particular device is in a detached garage, but is closer (in terms of feet of wire) than some devices in the house, and has always been rock solid.   Any suggestions for getting it to link up to the new controller?

My other issue is two motion sensors, one old style, and one new, that trigger lights that they are set directly to control, but programs listening for their updates are not firing, which seems like  they may not be properly linked in the PLM either.    I did the press button, then write updates process on both of them, but still not working.

Appreciate any tips!

Did you follow the replace PLM procedure. See attached file.

Battery operated devices need to be put into linking mode, only one device should be in the linking mode at any one time, then right click on the device, then click on write updates to device.

If you had more than one device in the linking mode at the same time then they may have become cross linked in which case you should do a factory reset on them then a restore device.

Replace ISY PLM.pdf

I followed the procedure.    Did the Restore PLM with no devices in linking mode, then did the two battery operated devices one at a time.    The other powered devices were also done one at a time.   The one motion detector is really annoying me, because I have it set to send "On" only, and I turn the light off via a program (because I have different rules for off depending on time of day), so right now, the light comes on and never goes off.    

6 hours ago, 87squirrels said:

I got the one motion detector working by removing it and the device it was controlling from the scene and re-adding them.   Will try the same with the other.

Still stuck on the kpl; may try putting the PLM on a longer cable and temporarily moving it closer.

Try a restore device on the KPL. If that doesn't work then try a factory reset on the KPL, then a restore device.

If all else fails try plugging in a  dual band module such as a lamplinc or an on/off module close to the KPL as it's possible that you have marginal communications between the KPL and the PLM

Archived