2876S Not Communicating

Hi All,

I am having trouble communicating with an existing device. One of my controllers went bad and I replaced it. It now seems to be working, but one of its programs goes through a 2876S on/off device which has, for some reason, taken this moment to stop communicating with the system. So, all my exterior lighting works except for the areas controlled by the 2876S. I have looked for online manuals or for, really, any information at ALL, about the 2876S, but I just can't find anything useful. I'd like to check the connection to the device or try to reset/relink the device. If those don't work, I'll replace it. But I haven't found out how to check communications or reset it, and I can't find out what newer device replaces it! I'm perplexed and would love some advice.

Thanks,

Franz

Thanks, Paul. Restore device does nothing, by which I mean it is as if I didn't click the command at all. Clicking the alternative, restoring the link between that device and the program controlling it also does nothing whatever. Clicking the third alternative, restoring the device and the device controlling it, results in about one second worth of progress of "system busy" and then nothing.

I really appreciate your suggestions,

Franz

The Icon 2876S was the less feature  model of the 2476S Insteon module. Single band power line only communications. Probably the  2477S Dual band would replace it. Though since it is Dual Band with more features. The ISY replace with function may not be available for easier replacement. It also is physically larger due to a higher current rating. So a crowded electrical box may be a tighter squeeze.

The manual attached is for the early 2876S that needed a different factory reset procedure as they had no Air Gap Switch. The later revisions have the Air Gap Switch.

2876sb.pdf

Thanks, Brian. The manual was helpful in that I was not able to get the 2876S to link, nor even to reset, even though I followed the instructions. The only sign that the unit even has power is the single light that comes on when I push in the set button. Aside from that, it's dark all the time and does not turn on the exterior lights using the paddle. It still does not respond to commands from the console and, when I try to check device links, the console tells me "Failed reading device link" error "[-200000/-5]" I'm happy to do more testing, but I'm thinking the unit is dead.

Archived