Can a scene be scheduled?

CopyRon

If I have a scene, say "turn outside lights on" on my keypad button 8, can I add just that scene to a schedule or do I still have to enter each separate light.

I have scheduled event with each light set to turn on at sunset and I have the KPL button set with the same lights in case I want to over ride the scheduled events.

The only way I have found to add KPL button and have it light or go off with the scheduled event is to add the button as a scene.

Is there a way to add KPL buttons to a scheduled event?

Hello Ron,

Apologies for the delay in my response.

YES. Absolutely! You can trigger/schedule scenes. Simply look for the name of the scene in the "Then" block. And, as per Mark's comments, all you have to do is to keep that button in the scene.

Are you trying to do something more elaborate?

With kind regards,

Michel

If I have a scene, say "turn outside lights on" on my keypad button 8, can I add just that scene to a schedule or do I still have to enter each separate light.

I have scheduled event with each light set to turn on at sunset and I have the KPL button set with the same lights in case I want to over ride the scheduled events.

The only way I have found to add KPL button and have it light or go off with the scheduled event is to add the button as a scene.

Is there a way to add KPL buttons to a scheduled event?

CopyRon,

I am not sure what you mean by:

So I can delete all scheduled events except for my scenes and and the events will still occur as scheduled because they are included in a scene.?

You still need schedules (programs) which are created to turn off a scene. As such, you can delete all schedule events which are created for each individual device within a scene. Here's an example which turns on/off the Backyard Scene depending on the time of day:

If
       From    Sunrise -  1 hour 
       To      Sunset  (same day)

Then
       Repeat Every  2 hours 
          Set  Scene 'Back Yard' Off

Else
       - No Actions - (To add one press 'Action')

Please do let me know if this makes sense

With kind regards,

Michel

this is how i read the question

copyron has a scene with 6 resources in it - one of the resources is a keypad button

if he sets up an event using the name of the scene, will every device respond (including the keypad button)?

so scene 'backyard' is assigned to keypad button h as its controller - and also has 5 other devices (or buttons) in it

he adds these events

at sunset turn on scene backyard

at sunrise turn off scene backyard

will the scene behave the same way if the event triggers it or if he presses the keypad button? more to the point, will the event triggered scene cause the keypad button to illuminate as it would when he presses the button?

i assume the answer is yes

the alternative was to make the events

at sunset turn on keypad button h and

turn on outdoor flood lamps and

turn on driveway lights and

turn on patio light and

turn on porch light and

turn on wallwashers

with a corresponding event for sunrise to turn it all off

sloop,

Thanks so very much. Please find my comments below.

With kind regards,

Michel

this is how i read the question

copyron has a scene with 6 resources in it - one of the resources is a keypad button

if he sets up an event using the name of the scene, will every device respond (including the keypad button)?

so scene 'backyard' is assigned to keypad button h as its controller - and also has 5 other devices (or buttons) in it

he adds these events

at sunrise turn off scene backyard

will the scene behave the same way if the event triggers it or if he presses the keypad button? more to the point, will the event triggered scene cause the keypad button to illuminate as it would when he presses the button?

i assume the answer is yes

Yes, the answer is YES. The only difference may be the onlevels/ramprates which are different for the scene as opposed to the button (unless you use copy attributes from ... )

the alternative was to make the events

at sunset turn on keypad button h and

turn on outdoor flood lamps and

turn on patio light and

turn on porch light and

turn on wallwashers

with a corresponding event for sunrise to turn it all off

You wouldn't want to do this at all. It just adds too much overhead to the network/communications and the results are not always predictable.

Sloop, exactly what I meant!

I am currently using:

at 10:00 turn off scene backyard

and

at sunset turn on keypad button h (which is backyard scene)

turn on low volt deck light

turn on low volt fene lights

turn on patio light 40% and

turn on porch light 40% and

turn on lamp posts

My Backyard scene consists of

turn on low volt deck light

turn on low volt fene lights

turn on patio light 40% and

turn on porch light 40% and

turn on lamp posts

So I am really wasting resources, I Will remove the individual events and just schedule the scene.

Sorry I didn't make this more clear, and thanks for all the help.

The ISY has made this fun again!

i agree about the isy making it fun - for me, it has allowed me to set up my lighting with minimal knowledge of the internals of the insteon protocol - which i was dead set against learning - focusing on chicken casserole recipes instead

and with these last few releases of the isy firmware, i can view everything as just another resource - without being concerned with the hardware limitations that prevent certain resource combinations - or if i am sending a 'group command' - what kinda crap is that - group command - something about patents on acknowledgments and - well - i can now leave that minutia to the universal devices nerdlincs

(can you tell i have an aversion to anything ascii based?)

i am glad you asked the question - i assumed the isy would handle it as michel described - but i was not sure about it - i have not set up any timed events yet - but have the same idea in mind that you are implementing - most of my lights will come on at sunset, most of those off at 22:00 and the remaining off at sunrise - but i want the option of going to bed early or staying up late so i want those buttons at hand so i can override the timed events - so i have 2 buttons on 14 keypads to do that

i think i am the only one that would want one, but i'd like a photorectptorlinc - for days when its stormy outside and the lights need to be on before sunset - but i have those 14 buttons for days like that

rumor has it that v2r7m5 will support the tazelinc secreted away in the la-z-boy and activate when the lawn needs to be mowed - now THAT would raise anyone's waf significantly - leaving only the question - is a tazelinc a controller or responder?

i think i am the only one that would want one, but i'd like a photorectptorlinc - for days when its stormy outside and the lights need to be on before sunset

I would also like this, gonna see if I can't set it up from an x10 hawkeye.

I deleted the separate events, scheduling just the scene works great!

The button is for when we have company outside and I want the scene to stay on later or we go to bed early and we want them off sooner.

Archived