MobiLinc X (iOS/Android) now supports ISY Portal!

InsteonNut

@Tominnh

The Polyisy is a stand-alone hardware unit that integrates locally with the ISY to give you local Polyglot capabilities. It has no bearing on using our MobiLinc portal. We use MobiLinc Portal and Polyisy in our test environment. 

What you likely have is the UDI portal installed in your ISY instead of our MobiLinc portal. 

If you are using Polyisy for all your Polyglot needs then you can switch to our MobiLinc portal without any loss of Polyglot.

If you don’t want to switch portals, you can make the one-time In-App Direct IP purchase to use MobiLinc X with your ISY over the UDI Portal. Keep in mind that you won’t have any of the advanced cloud integrations with MobiLinc X with the direct IP route. 

if you have questions you can reach us at support@mobilinc.com

Wes

• 2 weeks later...

I applaud Wes for developing  Mobilinc X and to make it compatible with ISY Portal. I can see that a lot of work went into it. Unfortunately after using it for more than a week I have gone back to Mobilinc Pro.

As I shared with Wes in private messages, what I like with the Pro is that I can see right away in the Dashboard whether any lights are On in my home. To achieve that I created scenes in my ISY Administrative Console for each room with all the devices in the room.By adding these scenes to the Mobilinc Pro Dashboard, it shows the scene as green (no lights on) or red (some or all lights are on). If I then click on that Scene, the various lights show their status and I can control those lights.

Mobilinc X is fancier than Pro, and there are  things that I can do in X that are not possible in Pro, but the immediate status view of my home,  in the Dashboard when I open the Pro App, is not available in X. Normally when upgrading an App, one does not lose previous options, but here this is the case. Maybe I am the only one using & liking that status view in Pro. I hope that Wes will consider my request for the next update.

No asbril you are not the only one who has gone back to see that the X version does not meet several features that the pro has. For me, the X is a setback in functions with just a modern interface. To be a version born of the Pro lost important functions and customizations to support a system such as ISY which is the main reason for it because most of us have it. Unfortunately I had to go back to the Pro because what the X offers right now does not fill the Pro's expectation. I thank Wes for the excellent work he has been doing, I hope in the future he can listen to some of us and make adjustments to the X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also applaud Wes for all his work on this and past versions, but will also stay with Pro as the dashboard is also my first go to look at things in my house for that macro view with ability to drill down as noted. Also the whole portal thing has me a bit confused. I am using universal devices portal for their items (Alexa, polyglot etc), and my mobil linc goes directly through a dns service to my ISY, so why would I want to change all of that to add a third annual fee / portal to manage? I still need my dns for other access points when not at home so I cant give that up, for now. 

thanks,

1 hour ago, dbwarner5 said:

Also applaud Wes for all his work on this and past versions, but will also stay with Pro as the dashboard is also my first go to look at things in my house for that macro view with ability to drill down as noted. Also the whole portal thing has me a bit confused. I am using universal devices portal for their items (Alexa, polyglot etc), and my mobil linc goes directly through a dns service to my ISY, so why would I want to change all of that to add a third annual fee / portal to manage? I still need my dns for other access points when not at home so I cant give that up, for now. 

thanks,

Actually now X works with ISY Portal, but all your other comments apply.

Archived