Insteon 2441th Fan

The contractor that maintains my HVAC system is telling me that to use a scrubber, the HVAC fan and the scrubber both need to run 24/7.

My thermostat is an Insteon 2441TH.  I can change the fan setting at the thermostat from “Auto” to “Continuous” but the ISY program resets it to “Auto”.  I can change the setting of the fan, at the main thermostat screen from the ISY from “Auto” to “On” but it also gets reset to “Auto”

I can programmatically read the thermostat’s humidistat output and use that to control the HVAC’s humidifier

I have spent the last two weeks unsuccessfully attempting to find a way to similarly control the HVAC fan.  Is there something I am missing?

It sounds like you have a program contolling The Tstat.  WOuld be best to post it so those that can help have a solid understanding of what you are doing and can look at what maybe causing your problem.  If you just wnat to run the Tstat manually just disable or delete the program you have controlling it from the ISY.

The program I am using to control the humidity in my house follows [the {“40% (Humidity)}is provided by the thermostat]:

ManageHumidity - [ID 000F][Parent 0001]

If

Status  '2ndFloor / HVAC / Thermostat - Main' <= 40% (Humidity)

Then

$HumidOn += 1

Set '2ndFloor / HVAC / Humidifier' On

Else

$HumidOff += 1

Set '2ndFloor / HVAC / Humidifier' Off

The program I would like to use to control the fan in my HVAC follows:

If

Status          ‘2ndFloor / HVAC / Fan – XXX’ = Off

Then

Set '2ndFloor / HVAC / Fan’ On

Problem is I do not know how to get XXX or Fan.

This is a bit confusing and there’s either missing info or irrelevant info here as the whole story doesn’t seem to make sense. Why the variables for example?

Anyway, why not just have the HVAC guy wire the fan to be on continuously or at least in tandem with the scrubber? Seems a better way to go than relying on an Insteon thermostat and some programming that may not be very robust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived