Honeywell Home Polyglot-Cloud

memphis2k

@dbarentine Thanks very much.  I sent you a PM with additional info on what I recall re: timing, steps I went through to authorize access by ISY nodeserver to devices, and screenshots of what happens.  I suspect it's something on the Honeywell back-end, as everything else seems to work and my thermostats do show up in the Honeywell Home app on IOS.  If you need any additional info or have any other suggestions please let me know.  Thanks again.  

• 4 weeks later...

I just tried to set up my TH9320WF5003 got the node server, created the keys and went to add and the thermostat wasn't found. Elsewhere in this thread, success with this model. Are there versions of this particular model # that aren't compatible? 

50 minutes ago, TKopke said:

I just tried to set up my TH9320WF5003 got the node server, created the keys and went to add and the thermostat wasn't found. Elsewhere in this thread, success with this model. Are there versions of this particular model # that aren't compatible? 

I have an older model Wifi Thermostat, and its been a pain to setup/keep working reliability.  Had it all working, then for no reason it will stop working.  Upon setting up, I get the "0 Devices found".

Is your setup with Honeywell TCC?  Then it links it to Honeywell Home in the Subscribed Applications (TCC Website)

My Model is the: RTH9580WF1005GG

3 hours ago, TKopke said:

I have the same thermostat you do (I actually have two of them), and up until sometime in September it was working really well.  Then everything quit and, in the process of trying to get it running again, I ran into the same problem you did.  I can create the keys, but the Honeywell API does not see my thermostats. 

I've tried contacting various groups that Honeywell support said I should contact via email, and they have been non-responsive.  So I've pretty much given up on them. I really like these thermostats, but if you count on a supported API for home automation forget it.  I've gone back to using Nodelink on a Raspberry Pi for use with these devices so my simple HVAC automations work.  It's not 100% reliable (I think it uses some type of screen-scrape interface) but it's better than not having any access via the API.  If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably go with a different vendor, but Honeywell doesn't seem like the only one who has had problems. 

I have the same thermostat you do (I actually have two of them), and up until sometime in September it was working really well.  Then everything quit and, in the process of trying to get it running again, I ran into the same problem you did.  I can create the keys, but the Honeywell API does not see my thermostats. 
I've tried contacting various groups that Honeywell support said I should contact via email, and they have been non-responsive.  So I've pretty much given up on them. I really like these thermostats, but if you count on a supported API for home automation forget it.  I've gone back to using Nodelink on a Raspberry Pi for use with these devices so my simple HVAC automations work.  It's not 100% reliable (I think it uses some type of screen-scrape interface) but it's better than not having any access via the API.  If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably go with a different vendor, but Honeywell doesn't seem like the only one who has had problems. 

Sept 21 at 10:20am is when they stopped working. I have an extensive stats page and logging and that’s the last update I received. If one was to remove everything from the Honeywell Home app, your thermostat in it. Remove all API keys, remove all links from TCC. It may work and see the device. This worked once in the past, but not sure I will bother to try it again.

Sorry I dropped the ball on this one. I was going to contact the developer at Honeywell that I worked with when building the nodeserver and then forgot to do so.

I will send something to them tonight and point them at this thread to see if we can get an answer on what happened.

2 minutes ago, dbarentine said:

Sorry I dropped the ball on this one. I was going to contact the developer at Honeywell that I worked with when building the nodeserver and then forgot to do so.

I will send something to them tonight and point them at this thread to see if we can get an answer on what happened.

Thanks!

I actually have an answer for you sooner than expected. Unfortunately it's probably not the answer that everyone was looking for.

Basically Honeywell had to remove the integration of TCC thermostats from Honeywell Home for the moment. It was causing issues with some 3rd party integrations where they were seeing double of the thermostats. So for the time being they have decided to block the integration.

There is still on going work to see if they can sort out the issues but I don't have a timeline for when we would know one way or the other.

So for the moment this node server will only support the newer thermostats. The other solution for older thermostats would be to build a new node server for TCC support. That might be the best long term solution but I'm not sure at the moment when I'd have enough free time to do so.

I actually have an answer for you sooner than expected. Unfortunately it's probably not the answer that everyone was looking for.
Basically Honeywell had to remove the integration of TCC thermostats from Honeywell Home for the moment. It was causing issues with some 3rd party integrations where they were seeing double of the thermostats. So for the time being they have decided to block the integration.
There is still on going work to see if they can sort out the issues but I don't have a timeline for when we would know one way or the other.
So for the moment this node server will only support the newer thermostats. The other solution for older thermostats would be to build a new node server for TCC support. That might be the best long term solution but I'm not sure at the moment when I'd have enough free time to do so.

Well... that explains it and one less item off my to-fix list. Keep us posted should anything change. It’s just odd that they’re still selling Thermostats that use TCC and a couple with Home support. Don’t really care for the look of the Home ones.

In a way, albeit a small one, I was happy to learn that it wasn't me misreading the instructions or something equally brilliant. Unhappy that it currently can't be done. I guess I'll be continuing my current home automation method - having the missus make the changes. 

On 10/29/2020 at 6:02 PM, dbarentine said:

Thanks @dbarentine.  I appreciate the update. I've gone back to using Nodelink to interface with my Honeywell Thermostats for the time being.  Perhaps they'll fix the issue on their end at some point.  

• 6 months later...

I was wondering if this supports or may support in the future the Honeywell Leak Sensors.  I did try it and the message says Discovery Failed.

Honeywell CHW3610W1001 Wi-Fi Water Leak And Freeze Detector

Log File: ERROR    honeywellhome-poly:discover: Discovery failed with error 'macID'

The excellent step by step instructions on GitHub - dbarentine/udi-honeywellhome-poly: Honeywell Home UDI Nodeserver got my new T9 thermostat connected and updating very quickly.

However, I am having NO LUCK submitting commands via the Administrative Console - any changes are ignored.  I tried moving to a new Polyglot NS slot but nothing changed. 

I have searched for errors in all the logs that I know of - I assume this is an authorization/permission issue.

Any advice?        

@New Concepts For Living There is technically no reason why it couldn't support it. But I don't have a sensor to test with and currently don't have any time to implement it. If someone else wanted to implement it I'd certainly take a pull request in Github for it.

@KMabry01 I'd need to see the logs from the node server. Feel free to post them here or message them to me directly and I'll take a look.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 6:02 PM, dbarentine said:

I periodically check to see if Honeywell ever re-adds integration of the thermostats that used to be able to be controlled via their API, and I noticed they started appearing once again during my check yesterday.  I now have my Honeywell TH9320WF5003 thermostats working once again via the Honeywell Home polyglot node server. 

• 2 months later...

@dbarentineI'm trying to set the cooling temp on my thermostat to 72 from the ISY.  Getting the following response in the Nodeserver log.  Looks like it's expecting a value for "NextTime" in the request.   I can only adjust the fan mode but nothing else (sched mode, mode, cool setpoint, and heat setpoint).  any ideas?

Reason: Bad Request
HTTP response headers: HTTPHeaderDict({'Date': 'Mon, 09 Aug 2021 18:31:41 GMT', 'Content-Type': 'application/json', 'Content-Length': '79', 'Connection': 'keep-alive', 'Cache-Control': 'no-cache', 'Pragma': 'no-cache', 'Expires': '-1', 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin': 'https://account.honeywellhome.com', 'Access-Control-Allow-Credentials': 'true', 'Access-Control-Allow-Headers': 'Content-Type, Accept, Pragma, Cache-Control, Authorization, RequestVerificationToken', 'Strict-Transport-Security': 'max-age=31536000;includeSubDomains, max-age=31536000'})
{"code":400, "message":"'NextTime' is required."}
HTTP response body:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived