Having KPL buttons go on with program

I am having trouble programming KPL button. How do you include in a program where the KPL button (not A) turns on at the same time the associated light turns on. When i add the device it puts "query" at the end by default and i cant pick "On", i can only pick backlight. Do I need to use the associated scene? and if so how do you set that up. 

I have a KPL button that I use as a status indicator.  The button is in a scene as a responder. In my program, I simply set the scene on or off to change the status of the button light.

In your program you just add an ACTION that has YOUR DEVICES - Set - (Scene name) - On or Off

@scott20 KPL lights buttons are controlled by a scene. You can set up a scene that only has that KPL, and then in a program, turn that scene on or off and it should correspond. Or you can also include it in a more complex scene such that when a controller of that scene turns the scene on, then the KPL will turn on as well. These scenes are not exclusive, you can have as many as your needs require. 

Here are two examples of the above. the first the KP is alone.. the second its part of a larger scene. As in any isy, once you have a scene you can control it. 

hope that helps. If I missed your question, let me know. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 9.49.47 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 9.50.15 AM.jpg

7 hours ago, DaveF said:

I have a KPL button that I use as a status indicator.  The button is in a scene as a responder. In my program, I simply set the scene on or off to change the status of the button light.

In your program you just add an ACTION that has YOUR DEVICES - Set - (Scene name) - On or Off

Thank you that makes sense now, I was picking action "adjust scene" instead of the scene under "your devices"

Archived