have sub scene under a scene

43 minutes ago, scott20 said:

For example if I have an all off for multiple basement lights and then I want to create an all off house can I just add the scene for all off basement to it instead of each device. 

Just create a program that turns the scene on/off when you press the button you want to use. 

Using the example provided, the house scene would turn off directly and then the program would run turning off any other scene associated with the button

2 hours ago, scott20 said:

For example if I have an all off for multiple basement lights and then I want to create an all off house can I just add the scene for all off basement to it instead of each device. 

I don't know that there is a way to nest one scene within another.  Like you, I have several "global" scenes.  All interior.  All exterior.  All basement.  All main level.  All upper level.  I have others, as well.  Yes, there is overlap among those scenes.  I don't believe the scenes can be combined or nested.  I just have separate scenes.  

I have scenes created for each room to use as my all off/on, goodnight, Away, etc. Each device is in the scenes as responders. 

Rather than tie them directly to a single button, I use programs to control them. Obviously the greatest limitation is in needing the isy for it to work. 

I have my family room scene configured with the lamps to turn on at 25% and every device to turn off including TV's and Sonos. My goodnight button doubles as my all off as well. Depending on time, it'll either shut the room itself off or turn everything off in the house. Double tapping will do the opposite of what it should do at any particular time. This means before 930, the goodnight button shits down the living room. A double tap activates the goodnight mode. After 930 the goodnight turns on with a single press and all off scene activates with a double tap

For example; in my family rm, I configured my lamps to turn on at 25% (including their lol button) and everything else to turn off. This allows my goodnight to turn the lamps on and everything else to turn off when it activates so that we aren't walking out of a dark room. The all off program turns the scene "off". Double tapping my Main light button will also turn "on" that same scene for times when I want the Recessed lights and lamps on. When I hit my away button, each rooms corresponding scene is simply told to turn off. 

Archived