The Holidays are a comin!

aLf

Hi guys. This is an off-ISY question. Many of you have shown some very elaborate Holiday Decorations using ISY, so I figure maybe someone can help.

Many years ago I purchased some small, very inexpensive (5 bucks or so) Christmas music boxes that plugged into my outdoor lights. They played a dozen or so short segments of holiday tunes. Well, last year one died and I can't find anything like them. They are the size of a half pack of cigarettes. I've looked everywhere with no luck in even finding any kind of music playing thing that would plug into 110v.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? As cheap as an Ipod is, I even thought about that, but again it almost has to be 110v.

Sorry for the off topic post, I appreciate the response.

aLf

What about getting an FM Transmitter (inside your house) and a cheap FM Radio for outside. I run an FM Transmitter during the Christmas season and have lights synchronized to music. Last year was my first year so I'm not super elaborate yet but it was a lot of fun (and work) getting everything ready. Not sure if I'm taking this year off or not.

You can get FM Transmitters as well as kits to build them on Ebay. I bought an assembled kit that works very well.

Archived