2852-222 Leak Sensor - Cannot Determine Insteon Engine

Well I have to say 2020 is really starting off to be a real bear and if it keeps going like this it's going be expansive. I'm trying to add a NOS 2852-222 Leak Sensor produced in the 35th week of 2014 Rev2.2. I've tried all of the items below to no avail and get this strange feeling this has to do with that 0.0 issue way back in the day.

Action Items:

- Hard reset the device per the full users manual - No Joy

- Battery: The original cell is still above 1.56 VDC - No Joy

- Adding: Start Linking, New Insteon, and Link Management have all been selected to no avail - No Joy

- RF: I've literally placed it on top of the 2413S PLM, On-Off Module, Dimmer Module, and even for the sake of doing in case this was like the 2420 remote where the PLM was over loading the remote I walked the sensor about 25 feet outside!

- Beta System: I have a brand new 994 Beta system which isn't used for Insteon very much as it's intended to trial new prototype hardware. I tried to add it to this new system with a 2413S PLM which again see's 1% use and it too declares the same *Cannot Determine Insteon Engine*. The error is a 3 and all the older threads which reference that error message hasn't resolved the issue.

I have pretty much all of the legacy revisions from 2.0, 2.1, 2.1S, 2.2, 2.3 so I know the 2.2 will add. But, anyone who has been using Insteon long enough knows even using the same hardware / firmware there can be difference in how the hardware operates. It's been so long since having to work or replace on of these modules I almost forgot some of these units do not activate the wet / dry nodes if dry?!?

I also forgot that these newer devices unlike their open-close (Trigger Linc) cousins do not send a heart beat upon first (battery replacement) and even when you press the set button it doesn't push an updated heart beat. Who ever wrote the code for the older firmware should have been given a massive raise and bonus! It just worked never mind the auto wet to dry signaling which I really miss in the new units.

Anyways looking for some insight or guidance as to next steps because the unit I'm trying to replace is for the sump pump! I'm going to take the old one apart and figure out what is broken and hopefully repair it because it was literally just sitting there doing nothing until the battery died and now it doesn't work?!?

That is a super WTF . .  .

So I figured trying a hell marry pass and decided to add in a new On-Off Module to the system. Once that was done I attempted to complete a manual link directly from the Leak Sensor to the On-Off Module.

No dice, this unit is a dud . . . 

Brand new out of the box and defective - just wow.

1 hour ago, Teken said:

So I figured trying a hell marry pass and decided to add in a new On-Off Module to the system. Once that was done I attempted to complete a manual link directly from the Leak Sensor to the On-Off Module.

No dice, this unit is a dud . . . 

Brand new out of the box and defective - just wow.

I've got oh half a dozen new'ish one's I'm replacing soon if interested?

Archived