New Insteon Hardware - SBP-Wall - Smart Wall Switch

Teken

18 hours ago, Teken said:

As of this writing the bulk of the internal / external photos have been released for the various products.

An interim user manual is also published but with nothing called out (TBA). Sadly, the dial switch isn’t listed anywhere for review.

The biggest news in all of this is Smartlabs appears to be involved with another company. There doesn’t appear to be much information as it pertains to their business relationship so hard to say how they fit into the mix.

After 15 years even this new owner has failed make any in roads with any major third party hardware vendor. The fact Insteon continues to sell and have some market share is truly amazing and unbelievable.

Their next generation Hub is the latest FCC filing which affirms (yet again) they believe this is money well spent. 

They haven't said anything on hub capabilities nor the app's capabilities that will be used with it. Insteon requires a hub so yes it's money well spent. FCC filings doesn't give any information on anything worthwhile. Just that something is coming out. Once they release everything you can complain if it's not up to par (it's not an Isy wanna be)

Instead of investing money in solid components for higher reliability in all of their hardware?!?

How can you say this part? We've both been on here long enough to see the posts across the product line about devices dying WITHIN 2 years. Where have all those posts gone over the years? Looking at the last 4-5 years, there has been a tremendous downturn in the frequency of broken devices. The ones that do appear are generally older devices that's finally gone out. Only time will tell with the latest plm if those changes has helped but overall there is a difference in quality with insteon. 

If the picture of the latest hardware are to be accepted someone must be a fan of Wemo because that’s what it looks like an ugly turd.

Not much you can do with switch design. It's hard to say how it actually looks especially without actually having seen one in person. Besides, looks is all personal preference. Some people love the current devices while others hate it. 

2021 is fast approaching and Smartlabs continues to offer hardware with no encryption, no energy monitoring, no field upgradable firmware!

Do you know what the new firmware offers? They haven't released any information on the new devices so it's all speculation. Those that do know wouldn't be able to say what's coming outside of what's been publicly released. 

I received 27 Alpha, Beta, and Market Ready pieces of hardware in the last 14 months. Every one of them has some form of industry standardized encryption whether it be via software / hardware chip. All of them can monitor the voltage, frequency, power, and current!

Lastly, all of them can be upgraded with the latest firmware?!?

How the hell companies from small to large in different parts of the world do this yet Smartlabs - Can’t????

The answer is inept and out of touch CEO’s and people below them - period. The reality is Insteon would not have any market share if it wasn’t for the 2413S PLM which has allowed great companies like UDI to band aid their hardware.

Unlike many here I won’t follow any lighting vendor as the last ten years as proven it’s still a clown show. For me the long term solution and future is in smart panels.

No more can’t use this load, no more replacing $50 - 100.00 switches every random year. No more WiFi, BLE, Power Line, RF, and no more proprietary bull sh^t protocol like Insteon, Z-Wave, Zigbee, X-10, blah blah.

It just works - that’s the road I’m traveling on in the near term!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived