Leak Sensor Notification Setup Request

rlanza1054

Hi all,

I resisted posting this but had to give in. I hope it was not aswered already. I did search to see if it answered.

I have noticed that a lot of people have issue with Sensors in general.

Up until now I just had one Open/Close Door Sensor (or Window Sensor) and a few Motion Sensors.

I have all of it working ok.

I am getting a batteery low alert on the Open/Close Sensor even though it has a brand new battery.

It might be caused by a daily Heartbeat instead of a real attery low.

I have the Open Close sensor trigger a program to the I/O Linc Low Voltage (2450) to trigger an alert via a Doorbell I have that I can program one back door recording.

So the Doorbell is announcing that the Door was just opened. I use it on my Front Door becuase I don't lock my front door. So if someone attempts to walk in I get aleerted.

I also have a video door bell that has the motion sensor part of the door bell and that inteefaces with Alexa and I get an announcement with that if someone just walks near the video doorbell.

I should point out that I live in an apartment building. There are only 4 apartments per floor.

Anyway, I puchased two lInsteon Water/leak detectors.

I am still on ISY 4.7.3 firmware.

I had no issues getting the ISY to add and see the Leak Sensors. I read that some people can't even add them to their system. I don't have that probllem.

What I need help in is with getting the ISY to send an alert to Amazon Alexa and possibliy make a routine to Announce a pre-programmed message.

I read that the ISY can push specific vocabulary .

But I don't really need that unless it is necessary.

I just need a way to get some kind of message or error message that I can use to make a Routine via the Alexa using the Annoucement feature. I do use the announcement feature with other things but mostly as an alarm at a specific time.

So does anyone know how to do this?

Maybe you can write a sample program that I can follow to setup here.

Right now this is what I have for one of my sensors:

Leak Sensor Big Bath - [ID 00AE][Parent 00AD]

If
        Status  'Bath Big Leak Sensor-Dry / Bath Big Leak Sensor-Wet' is Responding
    And Status  'Bath Big Leak Sensor-Dry' is not Responding

Then
        Send Notification to 'Text Program Alerts' content 'Text Leak Sensor Bug Bath Wet'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

That only sends a text message. I actually haven't test this to see if its working correctly.

Again is there a way to send something to Alexa?

Thank you!

Rob

P.S. I still haven't gotten around to purchasing a new ISY so I can move to version 5.x firmware. I also need help in a problem with a 6 Button Wall Switch (I was an 8 Button originally). Its not taking the progamming for scenes to each button. But that is on hold. I want the Leak Sensor to work first. I also purchased a couple of wifi sensors that were supposed to work with Alexa but don't. I just purchased a product which is a leak sensor but needs a Hub to work. It's called a YoLink? I would rather just stay as much as possible in the Insteon world with my ISY.

=

1 hour ago, rlanza1054 said:

Hi all,

I resisted posting this but had to give in. I hope it was not aswered already. I did search to see if it answered.

I have noticed that a lot of people have issue with Sensors in general.

Up until now I just had one Open/Close Door Sensor (or Window Sensor) and a few Motion Sensors.

I have all of it working ok.

I am getting a batteery low alert on the Open/Close Sensor even though it has a brand new battery.

It might be caused by a daily Heartbeat instead of a real attery low.

I have the Open Close sensor trigger a program to the I/O Linc Low Voltage (2450) to trigger an alert via a Doorbell I have that I can program one back door recording.

So the Doorbell is announcing that the Door was just opened. I use it on my Front Door becuase I don't lock my front door. So if someone attempts to walk in I get aleerted.

I also have a video door bell that has the motion sensor part of the door bell and that inteefaces with Alexa and I get an announcement with that if someone just walks near the video doorbell.

I should point out that I live in an apartment building. There are only 4 apartments per floor.

Anyway, I puchased two lInsteon Water/leak detectors.

I am still on ISY 4.7.3 firmware.

I had no issues getting the ISY to add and see the Leak Sensors. I read that some people can't even add them to their system. I don't have that probllem.

What I need help in is with getting the ISY to send an alert to Amazon Alexa and possibliy make a routine to Announce a pre-programmed message.

I read that the ISY can push specific vocabulary .

But I don't really need that unless it is necessary.

I just need a way to get some kind of message or error message that I can use to make a Routine via the Alexa using the Annoucement feature. I do use the announcement feature with other things but mostly as an alarm at a specific time.

So does anyone know how to do this?

Maybe you can write a sample program that I can follow to setup here.

Right now this is what I have for one of my sensors:

Leak Sensor Big Bath - [ID 00AE][Parent 00AD]

If
        Status  'Bath Big Leak Sensor-Dry / Bath Big Leak Sensor-Wet' is Responding
    And Status  'Bath Big Leak Sensor-Dry' is not Responding

Then
        Send Notification to 'Text Program Alerts' content 'Text Leak Sensor Bug Bath Wet'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

That only sends a text message. I actually haven't test this to see if its working correctly.

Again is there a way to send something to Alexa?

Thank you!

Rob

P.S. I still haven't gotten around to purchasing a new ISY so I can move to version 5.x firmware. I also need help in a problem with a 6 Button Wall Switch (I was an 8 Button originally). Its not taking the progamming for scenes to each button. But that is on hold. I want the Leak Sensor to work first. I also purchased a couple of wifi sensors that were supposed to work with Alexa but don't. I just purchased a product which is a leak sensor but needs a Hub to work. It's called a YoLink? I would rather just stay as much as possible in the Insteon world with my ISY.

=

You can certainly update your ISY994i ZW/IR Pro to version 5.x firmware. 

Using a variable you can create a routine in Alexa to announce the leak sensor has detected a leak.

Well I don't think I've ever worked with variables. So I would need help and or examples.

I know I can update my current ISY. However, my thinking is that I don't touch my current ISY and use it should I need to revert back to the old firmware fast!

Also purchasing a new ISY puts a few dollars back to Universal Devices (and Michael) for all the work they have done!

Rob

Archived