Mobilinc X - How do I set it up?

BigEfromDaBx

I been using Mobilinc Pro for years.  I love it.  Tried using Mobilinc X when it first came out and felt like I was going backwards.  All it had was a pretty GUI.  So i deleted the X and stuck with my mobilinc pro.  So here I am again trying the mobilinc x because they said it now works with the isy portal which I want to try out.  So i downloaded it.  Subscribed to the 2nd level plan because it says it has notifications.  So how do I set it up?  How do I add the portal.  I kinda remember having the same issue when I first downloaded the X having to figure out how it worked and probably thats why i gave up on it too.

I can find any documentation on how to set this up.  I feel like all i find is useless other info.

1. How do I setup notifications?
  2. How do I setup a geofence?
  3. How do I connect the ISY portal to it?

I have same experience as you in that I find Mobilinc X a step backwards. As you say, it looks nice but it is less useful. what I like with Mobilinc Pro is the immediate Dashboard view that  shows what devices, scenes or rooms are On or OFF. I also find Wes dismissive of those liking Pro more than X.

On 5/8/2020 at 1:05 PM, asbril said:

I also find Wes dismissive of those liking Pro more than X.

Hi @asbrilI'm not sure what you mean by this? People are free to use the interface they like. MobiLinc X is another option for those looking for that more modern look that I've created. I've got a lot of folks that still like the original Pro and I'm flattered they still use it after all these years. 

@BigEfromDaBx

I responded to your email, but in short notifications and geofence support are accomplished in MobiLinc X with our MobiLinc Portal + MobiLinc X subscription + our IFTTT channel. To switch and use the ISY Portal with MobiLinc X, please follow these steps:

- Delete MobiLinc, reinstall, and open.
- On the subscription page, scroll to the right and pick the Direct IP bundle one-time purchase option to connect with your ISY using a direct IP address and ISY Portal. Configuration is the same as MobiLinc Pro + ISY Portal.

Wes

4 minutes ago, InsteonNut said:

Hi @asbrilI'm not sure what you mean by this? People are free to use the interface they like. MobiLinc X is another option for those looking for that more modern look that I've created. I've got a lot of folks that still like the original Pro and I'm flattered they still use it after all these years. 

Wes, the point is that you could add the Pro Dashboard (option) to X and make everybody happy.  Some of us consider that new versions generally carry over options from the previous generation, and without the Dashboard X is not an improvement. I honestly do not understand why you resist this.

Hi @asbril

I feel like I've addressed this a few time in other posts with you. So there's something I must be missing. You can do everything and more in MobiLinc X with regards to setting devices, scenes, programs, etc as Favorites in MobiLinc X. You can turn off everything on the Home tab except for Favorites which is the Dashboard in MobiLinc Pro. You can add thermostats, doors, devices, scenes, programs as favorite items to achieve the same thing compared to MobiLinc Pro. Thermostats weren't supported in the dashboard in Pro. 

Where there is one difference in how you use it as far as I'm aware is in MobiLinc Pro there's an option to show scene percentage as calculated by MobiLinc. You've indicated in the past that you use scene percentage as an indicator that there are devices on in that scene that you'd want to know about as an easy way from the dashboard to see this. I didn't add scene percentage to MobiLinc X as the feedback I received was that it is confusing for a lot of folks since the ISY doesn't support a scene percentage, but I am sensitive to your specific request. I think I can accomplish this in a different way that makes sense...but I'm not ready yet to release anything.

If I'm missing something please clarify.

Wes

48 minutes ago, InsteonNut said:

Hi @asbril

I feel like I've addressed this a few time in other posts with you. So there's something I must be missing. You can do everything and more in MobiLinc X with regards to setting devices, scenes, programs, etc as Favorites in MobiLinc X. You can turn off everything on the Home tab except for Favorites which is the Dashboard in MobiLinc Pro. You can add thermostats, doors, devices, scenes, programs as favorite items to achieve the same thing compared to MobiLinc Pro. Thermostats weren't supported in the dashboard in Pro. 

Where there is one difference in how you use it as far as I'm aware is in MobiLinc Pro there's an option to show scene percentage as calculated by MobiLinc. You've indicated in the past that you use scene percentage as an indicator that there are devices on in that scene that you'd want to know about as an easy way from the dashboard to see this. I didn't add scene percentage to MobiLinc X as the feedback I received was that it is confusing for a lot of folks since the ISY doesn't support a scene percentage, but I am sensitive to your specific request. I think I can accomplish this in a different way that makes sense...but I'm not ready yet to release anything.

If I'm missing something please clarify.

Wes

Wes, this is the  PRO Dashboard that I use several times every day. Some are Scenes (but used as a group of devices in a specific room) and other are devices, like the curtains in our master bedroom. This view instantaneously shows me if any lights are on, and if I want switch ON or OFF any devices in any of these rooms, I click on the settings icon. This is what I am missing in X. As an example, I am writing this in my office "Estudio" and it shows that 70 % of devices are ON, because the Fan is OFF.

.mob.jpg.00c99d71e51f66df8d8311e9ee625ca5.jpg

offi.jpg

2 hours ago, InsteonNut said:

@BigEfromDaBx

I responded to your email, but in short notifications and geofence support are accomplished in MobiLinc X with our MobiLinc Portal + MobiLinc X subscription + our IFTTT channel. To switch and use the ISY Portal with MobiLinc X, please follow these steps:

- Delete MobiLinc, reinstall, and open.
- On the subscription page, scroll to the right and pick the Direct IP bundle one-time purchase option to connect with your ISY using a direct IP address and ISY Portal. Configuration is the same as MobiLinc Pro + ISY Portal.

Wes

So in order to use mobilinc x with ISY portal I have to pay the high end one time purchase of $74.99?

Just now, InsteonNut said:

Hi @BigEfromDaBx

Yes. That is cheaper than starting with local only and adding in remote support later. The all-inclusive bundle is the cheapest option to support ISY Portal.

Wes

Does the mobilinc subscription plan have the same setup as the isy portal where I can log into it via web like https://my.isy.io/index.htm and setup my alexa devices, iftt etc?

Setup is all in MobiLinc X. It's really straight-forward. Once you link Alexa to MobiLinc, add a spoken name to devices or scenes to add them to Alexa in real-time. There's a "Spoken" card in MobiLinc X where you can see everything at a high-level to summarize what MobiLinc is sending to Alexa.

If you use (or have used) Notes in the Admin Console in the past for spoken names, these are auto-imported to Alexa when you link Alexa with MobiLinc.

For IFTTT, there's nothing special you need to do. Just link our IFTTT channel and start creating applets. Everything is synced to IFTTT in real-time.

Wes

38 minutes ago, BigEfromDaBx said:

Wes, I have made my point.

For ME X is not an improvement without the same Dashboard as PRO.  I don't mind having paid for X, as I am happy to encourage your development. I just hope that you keep PRO alive if you do not update X with same Dashboard.

8 minutes ago, InsteonNut said:

Setup is all in MobiLinc X. It's really straight-forward. Once you link Alexa to MobiLinc, add a spoken name to devices or scenes to add them to Alexa in real-time. There's a "Spoken" card in MobiLinc X where you can see everything at a high-level to summarize what MobiLinc is sending to Alexa.

If you use (or have used) Notes in the Admin Console in the past for spoken names, these are auto-imported to Alexa when you link Alexa with MobiLinc.

For IFTTT, there's nothing special you need to do. Just link our IFTTT channel and start creating applets. Everything is synced to IFTTT in real-time.

Wes

Im going to try this one more time.  I am going to remove the isy portal and put the mobilinc back on to my ISY.  BRB

12 minutes ago, InsteonNut said:

@BigEfromDaBx

There's a lot of info and setup help on the website if you have questions: 
https://mobilinc.com/features/echo/
https://mobilinc.com/features/ifttt/

Wes

Thanks.  Im setup now.  I just wish these setup pages of yours were easier to find.  Im going to keep playing with it.  I just bought the isy portal for two years and probably not going to end up using it if I stick with the mobilinc.

33 minutes ago, InsteonNut said:

Wes

Can I use more than one spoken name for each device like the isy portal?  Do i have to separate by comma?

1 hour ago, InsteonNut said:

Wes

I dont see any mention in Moblinc X for notifications

IMG_5963.thumb.PNG.6157307b6cdd2cdb97cbf5f04f44fece.PNG

5 hours ago, InsteonNut said:

I responded to your email, but in short notifications and geofence support are accomplished in MobiLinc X with our MobiLinc Portal + MobiLinc X subscription + our IFTTT channel.

@BigEfromDaBx

From above.

In MobiLinc X you can do notifications with IFTTT. IFTTT makes it easy to setup with an applet to connect devices, programs, variables, security with a custom notification. Eventually I want to bring notification setup/management directly inside of MobiLinc X for iOS and Android. But I'm not there yet.

Wes

2 hours ago, InsteonNut said:

@BigEfromDaBx

From above.

In MobiLinc X you can do notifications with IFTTT. IFTTT makes it easy to setup with an applet to connect devices, programs, variables, security with a custom notification. Eventually I want to bring notification setup/management directly inside of MobiLinc X for iOS and Android. But I'm not there yet.

Wes

Ok.  Will connect IFTT and give it  shot.

Archived