Reset my PLM

ingeborgdot

How do I reset my PLM?  If I do, will I lose any info?

Pull the 2413S PLM out of the wall for at least 10 seconds. Press the black set button and continue to hold it while you insert it back into the 120 VAC line.

This will erase everything in the unit!

But, why?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to erase everything.  I have another post in the communications issue.   I just needed a quick response to see what I needed to do.  I was trying to put in a new switch.  It came up with an error that said it can't find insteon engine.  Then a little while later, I now cannot communicate with any of my devices with the isy.

So there is no way to reset the PLM without losing everything?

You have only three options with respect to the 2413S PLM:

- Hard reset = Full Erase & Reset
- Erase PLM = Deletes all programming
- Restore PLM = Erases all existing programming and restores all settings & programming held by the ISY Series Controller

10 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

The whole idea behind a reset is to erase everything. What issues are you having that makes you think you need to do that?

My isy keeps saying it can't find my devices.  For a while it didn't find most of them.  It was missing all but 4 of the 40 or more devices I have.  I did a reset of the isy first.  Now more are back but it still says it can't find 11 of them.  I've been trying to query, write updates and restore device to see and some have come back.  I have it down to 7 now.  I have had no issues until I went to put in the new switch today and then all hell broke loose and it started going crazy.

30 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Yes. It's past time to upgrade to the 2413s. You'll need a power supply if you aren't already using one

A power supply for the isy?  The new PLM won't supply power, right? Where do I get the power supply?  Where can I find the specs for the power supply because I have many that fit it.  I just need to see the specs.

A power supply for the isy?  The new PLM won't supply power, right? Where do I get the power supply?  Where can I find the specs for the power supply because I have many that fit it.  I just need to see the specs.

You may use any 5~30 VDC centre positive power supply.

1 hour ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Yes. It's past time to upgrade to the 2413s. You'll need a power supply if you aren't already using one

I am going to order a new PLM.  Since I have never done the setup of a new one replacing and older one, what process do I have to go through? Thanks.

Sorry, but would any of these work?
+5.0V---2.0A
DC5V---1A
12V---2A
+5V---2A 
These are what is found on the 4 that I have that fit.  How can I tell?  Thanks again.

So long as it says centre positive and it fits anyone will do. The more amperage the better but given the ISY Series Controller is so low power one amp is fine too. I would use the 12 VDC as this is what is being shipped to new UDI customers.

I am going to order a new PLM.  Since I have never done the setup of a new one replacing and older one, what process do I have to go through? Thanks.

All you need to do is unplug the 2412S PLM. Insert the Ethernet cable to the serial port on the ISY. The other end to the new 2413S and apply power. Insure the network cable is also attached to the Ethernet jack in the rear.

Take the 12 VDC and insert in the back and apply 120 VAC power (outlet).

Wait for the system to come on line and calm down. Login to the AC and simply select the replace PLM.

Do not select the DELETE PLM!

If you have a pro version of the ISY Series Controller select (enable) the delay battery write. Doing so will allow the system to update the new 2413S PLM without prompting you endlessly to place each battery device into learning mode.

Once this entire process is done. You will place a single battery operated device in to learning / programming mode. Go to the device tree and right mouse click on the green (1011) icon and select write update.

This will take a very long time so do this on a weekend. Have a large cup of your favourite drink.

And sit back and wait . . .

6 minutes ago, Teken said:

This will take a very long time so do this on a weekend. Have a large cup of your favourite drink.

And sit back and wait . . . emoji869.pngemoji1787.pngemoji2957.png

I do my scenes all at once with a gin and tonic by my side. Vodka while I'm programming.

46 minutes ago, Teken said:

So long as it says centre positive and it fits anyone will do. The more amperage the better but given the ISY Series Controller is so low power one amp is fine too. I would use the 12 VDC as this is what is being shipped to new UDI customers. emoji106.png

So, how do I know if it is center positive? 

Forget it.  I found out. 

Archived