Keypad representation

lhranch

I have a few different models of keypads in my system, including the 2486D and the 2487S; also a 2440 large gray remote.

My 2486D has been acting increasingly wonky over the past few weeks, and stopped working totally today, so I replaced it. I had a 2334-222 in stock which was dual-band and in the right color, so I used it. I added it to the ISY, did the right-click "replace" trick to move the old programming over to the new unit, and it works pretty well.

What struck me was that every other multi-switch device (including my old, broken one) has always appearedĀ in the admin console as a folder-like object, with the (usually direct-wired) main button at the top, and the rest of the buttons indented under it. But the new device shows as a bunch of peer switches. I restarted the admin console a couple times and it looks like they are going to stay that way.

Is there any significance to this? Note in the image Barn, Garage, and Portable, in the old format, and Nook, in the new format.

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 9.31.49 PM.jpg

I have a few different models of keypads in my system, including the 2486D and the 2487S; also a 2440 large gray remote.
My 2486D has been acting increasingly wonky over the past few weeks, and stopped working totally today, so I replaced it. I had a 2334-222 in stock which was dual-band and in the right color, so I used it. I added it to the ISY, did the right-click "replace" trick to move the old programming over to the new unit, and it works pretty well.
What struck me was that every other multi-switch device (including my old, broken one) has always appearedĀ in the admin console as a folder-like object, with the (usually direct-wired) main button at the top, and the rest of the buttons indented under it. But the new device shows as a bunch of peer switches. I restarted the admin console a couple times and it looks like they are going to stay that way.
Is there any significance to this? Note in the image Barn, Garage, and Portable, in the old format, and Nook, in the new format.
810417153_ScreenShot2020-06-14at9_31_49PM.thumb.jpg.a615199f220675a887978ce826586795.jpg

Right mouse click and select group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived