Program not loaded "Out of Memory"

CJVann

I saw I was getting "Out of Memory" errors in the ISY-994 IR Pro, even though it has 28 Gig free.

I bought a new memory card, completely started fresh with 0 devices and programs, but "Out of Memory" continues to appear as I add new devices and programs.  Is the ISY just 'shot', or is it an issue with the beta firmware I'm on (5.0.16C)?

Annotation 2020-04-22 183102.png

OutOfMemory.PNG

Not likely an actual  memory problem inside ISY. I would try turning off you anti-virus software, and/or enlarging your java memory, and reloading your programs again into a new trial of admin console. Check your UI and firmware. They must match.

ISY hardware can only support a 2GB SD card. The rest will never be used.

Also. I don't think  an SD card larger than 32GB can be used in older hardware. The EXFAT and other formats must be used and I doubt ISY would be compatible with it.

IIRC 32GB is the largest SD card to still support plain old FAT format without low-level partitioning the SD.

UI and firmware match.  This is newly formatted computer, with new startup for ISY and everything is fresh, but it's the same here as well.

I just noticed this in a couple of programs have unrecognized actions:

Dark Outside LED - [ID 0017][Parent 000F]

If
        $S.Status_Daylight is 0
Then
        //  Warning:  Unrecognized Action (program may not run)
        // <cmd NODE="240" ID="DON"/>
        // 

Else
        //  Warning:  Unrecognized Action (program may not run)
        // <cmd NODE="240" ID="DOF"/>
        // 

1 minute ago, larryllix said:

Also. I don't think  an SD card larger than 32GB can be used in older hardware. The EXFAT and other formats must be used and I doubt ISY would be compatible with it.

IIRC 32GB is the largest SD card to still support plain old FAT format without low-level partitioning the SD.

Thanks, I had read on here that ISY supports 32G, but maybe that's just for new hardware.  Mine is several years old now.

11 minutes ago, CJVann said:

Thanks, I had read on here that ISY supports 32G, but maybe that's just for new hardware.  Mine is several years old now.

I don't think ISY has changed any hardware or bus size. I believe if the old sectoring format would support larger SD card sizes they wouldn't make an SD card that small either.

You may note you are not likely to buy anything smaller than a 32GB card now. They stopped making them. Once they got up to the maximum sector size using 2^16bit addressing size sectors, FAT formatting became overloaded and obsolete. Then EXFAT and some other formats were introduced with 32 bits of addressing, so that sector size could back to 256++ bytes, and save HDD space with small files etc.

If you format an SSD/HDD using the new formats they seem to work and then the FAT overflows unexpectedly and nobody ever knows why because it worked for the last X years. I think there are some co-ordination problems between the drive size and the FAT table.

eg. Y2K = Just need two digits for a year date. Everybody knows it always has "19" in front of it. Now "19" is a bad word. :):).

FAT = file allocation table

3 hours ago, CJVann said:

I saw I was getting "Out of Memory" errors in the ISY-994 IR Pro, even though it has 28 Gig free.

I bought a new memory card, completely started fresh with 0 devices and programs, but "Out of Memory" continues to appear as I add new devices and programs.  Is the ISY just 'shot', or is it an issue with the beta firmware I'm on (5.0.16C)?

Annotation 2020-04-22 183102.png

OutOfMemory.PNG

The error message provided by the system is a misnomer when in fact it should indicate incorrect addressing. As you noted below when you transition from 4.XX to 5.XX the migration can and does cause errors. You need only correct all of the programs that have incorrect pointers, select save, or update the resource needed. Whether it be weather, hardware, network resource, email, some kind of state like a wait, repeat, etc.

Once all of the impacted programs are corrected the system will operate normally.

Insure you take a new back up once the system has been fully tested by completing local, remote, and scene tests.

2 hours ago, CJVann said:

The ISY Series Controller *Electronically* supports a maximum of 32 GB. Whether or not it can use all of that space to me doesn't matter. As much as installing a high quality class 10 and high endurance Micro SD card. Even in 2020 every maker struggles to offer robust and long term memory based storage due to the end of life write cycle.

High Endurance memory offers the best in terms of repeated writes vs standard cards . . .

This is why they are used exclusively in Dash Cams, Personal body cams, and Onboard NVR IP cameras.

Archived