Linking An Insteon Motion Sensor II 2844-222

cam

I'm setting up a new ISY... I have several Insteon Motion Sensor II devices (model #2844-222) and haven't yet installed any Insteon devices.  When I click Link Management -> Start Linking and click the set button on the device, nothing happens.  I tried to do a Link A Sensor -> Motion Sensor II but what would I type as the address?

34 minutes ago, cam said:

I'm setting up a new ISY... I have several Insteon Motion Sensor II devices (model #2844-222) and haven't yet installed any Insteon devices.  When I click Link Management -> Start Linking and click the set button on the device, nothing happens.  I tried to do a Link A Sensor -> Motion Sensor II but what would I type as the address?

Did you click the set button or press and hold until it chirped

7 minutes ago, MrBill said:

Insteon address look like AA.BB.CC... do you see a product label with address and firmware revision?   I don't have any of 2844-222 so I can't say where they stick the label, on the back or possible inside. 

I saw a product label inside the battery compartment... had 3 sets of characters like AB:CD:EF but when I attempted to link it manually it said invalid address.

5 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Did you click the set button or press and hold until it chirped

I held it down for 3-5 seconds and it beeped but it did not add anything to the ISY while in linking mode.

41 minutes ago, cam said:

In case you're not aware the latest 2844-222 Motion Sensor II won't operate correctly if you're not on the 5.XX firmware branch. 

1 minute ago, cam said:

I’m on the latest 5x RC branch

Awesome - So if you hold down the set button for at least 3-5 seconds does the MS II blink? I would measure the battery to insure its OK and in the worst case scenario use a Micro USB plug and power it up and try again.

Just now, Teken said:

Awesome - So if you hold down the set button for at least 3-5 seconds does the MS II blink? I would measure the battery to insure its OK and in the worst case scenario use a Micro USB plug and power it up and try again.

The MS II blinks...  the ISY linking display in the admin console doesn’t show that it found anything.  I have 4 zwave nodes but can’t get the motion sensor II to link.  Guess I’ll try another one or a switchlinc 

8 minutes ago, cam said:

The MS II blinks...  the ISY linking display in the admin console doesn’t show that it found anything.  I have 4 zwave nodes but can’t get the motion sensor II to link.  Guess I’ll try another one or a switchlinc 

Do you have a plm installed with your isy? Are you currently using zwave?

13 minutes ago, cam said:

I have a PLM installed and a Zwave dongle.  I paired 4 Zwave devices without any issues.

Ok. You made me wonder due to mentioning zwave. Just wanted to make sure. Open up the event viewer and set it to level 3. Look at what happens when you try to add your insteon device

1 hour ago, Brian H said:

If you typed AB:CD:EF.

Try AB.CD.EF and don't forget to wake it up as it is a RF device and goes into a power down battery saving mode. Unless you have them on a USB power supply and they stay awake.

This.  Invalid address means that you don't have three sets of [0-9A-Fa-f]{2} separated by periods.

Archived