Setting Up New ISY Issues

cam

I added 3 zwave devices and 2 insteon motion sensor II devices but I'm having a difficult time getting them all to work for more than a few hours...  The Insteon Motion Sensor II's are showing up with weird icon <see attachment>.  I'm running the latest 5.x RC branch.

isy.pdf

3 hours ago, cam said:

I added 3 zwave devices and 2 insteon motion sensor II devices but I'm having a difficult time getting them all to work for more than a few hours...  The Insteon Motion Sensor II's are showing up with weird icon <see attachment>.  I'm running the latest 5.x RC branch.

isy.pdf 38.68 kB · 4 downloads

I'm going to assume in this hybrid environment that all of the required hardware is in place?!? 

Z-Wave: You will need to have the Z-Wave dongle installed and the module - If so great. If not purchase both and enjoy.

Insteon: You will need a 2413S PLM that is attached correctly to the ISY Series Controller. You'll need at least two Insteon dual band pieces of hardware to allow the Motion Sensor II to operate reliably. The 1011 icon can mean one of several things depending what was happening during the install so here are some things to consider and do.

Deployment: All new Insteon hardware should be hard reset as outlined by the full users manual. Doing so will insure any test links and settings are erased and bring the unit to the OEM default state. For the MS II press and hold the set button until it flashes and select one of the three options to add the device:

Light Bulb: A pop up window will appear enter the Insteon ID as noted on the label such as AB.CD.EF <- Periods are required Add a friendly name to the device and leave the third box in auto discover and select OK.

Whirling Arrows: Select the two colored whirling arrows and follow the prompts.

Link Management: From the top of the tool  bar header select link management and choose from the list / drop down and follow the prompts.

Anytime there are 1011 this means there are pending writes for that device. This can happen when the controller can't send all of the data / programming to the target device. Again, if you don't have any hardwired (dual band) devices you need to place it next to the 2413S PLM. Simply right mouse click and select write updates to device until complete.

There are several instances where a pending 1011 icon will visually remain but doesn't really exist. This is due to the fact the UI and Firmware do not match, Java cache wasn't cleared, not using the Launcher. Go to Help -> About -> Both UI & Firmware should match if not - correct. As noted before if both match insure you cleared the Java cache as outlined by the firmware instructions for 5.0.16C RC1. 

Sometimes the ISY Series Controller needs to be rebooted . . .

Lastly, a 1011 can be present due to the fact that MS II is a controller to a scene where it makes scene adjustment to the KPL LED back lighting. Don't do this because it will at some point lock up your controller.

4 hours ago, Teken said:

I'm going to assume in this hybrid environment that all of the required hardware is in place?!? 

Z-Wave: You will need to have the Z-Wave dongle installed and the module - If so great. If not purchase both and enjoy.

Insteon: You will need a 2413S PLM that is attached correctly to the ISY Series Controller. You'll need at least two Insteon dual band pieces of hardware to allow the Motion Sensor II to operate reliably. The 1011 icon can mean one of several things depending what was happening during the install so here are some things to consider and do.

Deployment: All new Insteon hardware should be hard reset as outlined by the full users manual. Doing so will insure any test links and settings are erased and bring the unit to the OEM default state. For the MS II press and hold the set button until it flashes and select one of the three options to add the device:

Light Bulb: A pop up window will appear enter the Insteon ID as noted on the label such as AB.CD.EF <- Periods are required Add a friendly name to the device and leave the third box in auto discover and select OK.

Whirling Arrows: Select the two colored whirling arrows and follow the prompts.

Link Management: From the top of the tool  bar header select link management and choose from the list / drop down and follow the prompts.

Anytime there are 1011 this means there are pending writes for that device. This can happen when the controller can't send all of the data / programming to the target device. Again, if you don't have any hardwired (dual band) devices you need to place it next to the 2413S PLM. Simply right mouse click and select write updates to device until complete.

There are several instances where a pending 1011 icon will visually remain but doesn't really exist. This is due to the fact the UI and Firmware do not match, Java cache wasn't cleared, not using the Launcher. Go to Help -> About -> Both UI & Firmware should match if not - correct. As noted before if both match insure you cleared the Java cache as outlined by the firmware instructions for 5.0.16C RC1. 

Sometimes the ISY Series Controller needs to be rebooted . . .

Lastly, a 1011 can be present due to the fact that MS II is a controller to a scene where it makes scene adjustment to the KPL LED back lighting. Don't do this because it will at some point lock up your controller.

Many people on here won't download things due to virus concerns so you may want to screen shot and attach your pictures for everyone to see.

What are the zwave devices that you're using? How close are they to the isy? Do you have repeaters? The more detailed your response the better we can help you. Do you have any programs with the devices in them?

16 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Many people on here won't download things due to virus concerns so you may want to screen shot and attach your pictures for everyone to see.

What are the zwave devices that you're using? How close are they to the isy? Do you have repeaters? The more detailed your response the better we can help you. Do you have any programs with the devices in them?

Here's what I have:

• ISY994i ZWIR/Pro running 5.0.16 (both UI and firmware)
  • 2 Insteon Motion Sensor II
  • 3 Schlage Zwave Deadbolts
  • 1 Zwave Siren 6
  • 2 Switchlincs - *** I have installed these yet

In order to pair the 3 zwave schlage deadbolts and the Siren 6 I held them right next to the ISY and then I moved them to the correct locations (2 deadbolts about 10-15' away from ISY, 1 deadbolt about 60' away from ISY, Siren 6 about 7' away).  The Insteon motion sensor II are about 15' away from the ISY.  I haven't yet install the switchlincs.

Here's what I have:
  • ISY994i ZWIR/Pro running 5.0.16 (both UI and firmware)
  • 2 Insteon Motion Sensor II
  • 3 Schlage Zwave Deadbolts
  • 1 Zwave Siren 6
  • 2 Switchlincs - *** I have installed these yet
In order to pair the 3 zwave schlage deadbolts and the Siren 6 I held them right next to the ISY and then I moved them to the correct locations (2 deadbolts about 10-15' away from ISY, 1 deadbolt about 60' away from ISY, Siren 6 about 7' away).  The Insteon motion sensor II are about 15' away from the ISY.  I haven't yet install the switchlincs.

I wouldn’t expect much from the MS II since you literally have one Insteon dual band device.

You’ll notice better performance if you power them via USB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with what Teken says. I would add the other devices before trying to do something with the motion sensor. 

In order to clear the updates for now, put the sensor in linking mode>right click on the device> choose write updates while it's close to the isy. 

With the lock that's 60' away, you'll probably need a couple more repeaters to ensure a strong network. These can be other zwave devices such as plug in lamp modules or outlets. While things can work with your current setup, you'll find that you'll constantly have communication issues over time

Archived