Polisy with Ambient Weather node server

BMorris

Hello Sir !!

And Thanks !!

Awhile ago, I studied the EcoWitt and Fine Offset product lines.  Yes, it looks like all Ambient Weather and EcoWitt stations use these remote sensors.  Even the Ambient Weather ultrasonic wind sensor they're soo proud of.

One confusing issue; looks like they use slightly different model numbers, and they use both 400 and 900 Mhz.

Fine Offset is based in Shenzhen.  Is these anything containing silicon that's not made in Shenzhen ??

I don't really like the EcoWitt GW1000 because you have to use an iOS or Andy device as a console.

The AW WS-5000 console is spectacular !!  It's worthy of a prominent place on the coffee table.  It's big, bright, and just loaded with data and remote channels.

Did you have access to a WS-x000 console when you wrote AmbientWeather ??

I'm not married to the WS-x000 models, but I didn't find anything close.  Often, I'll buy something just to learn it.  If I don't like it, or it doesn't fit,  I have a ladyfriend sell it on eB.

I'm exploring "tags", but just getting started with my research.

Any and all ideas greatly appreciated !!

Segue ...

Very afraid I've contracted the UDI nodeserver pandemic ...

And I'm green as grass.

Been playing with PyCharm, setting breakpoints and stepping thru some sample code.  As everyone knows, it's a great IDE.

For a certain train wreck, I loaded and played with some Store nodeserver dot py. 

Been learning how to create separate venv's to take the worry out of being close.

As I become "less worthless", maybe eventually I can add support for the new sensors.

I'm along for the adventure, as much as any one cardinal goal.

Thanks for everyone's patience with me.  If I don't kak, I'm here for the long haul ...

Sincerely,  Jere

14 minutes ago, Jere51 said:

Awhile ago, I studied the EcoWitt and Fine Offset product lines.  Yes, it looks like all Ambient Weather and EcoWitt stations use these remote sensors.  Even the Ambient Weather ultrasonic wind sensor they're soo proud of.

Same products different casing/label.  Foshk is the OEM and Ambient Weather is a reseller (rebrand) of the products.  EcoWitt is a retail seller arm of Foshk.  I have contacts at Ambient and FoshK and when I try to get Ambient to change something they say they can't... well they can't because they don't control the product or code... so I contact FoshK and if possible they have made changes.... hence the ability to use the GW1000 and their other consoles for direct reporting. 

16 minutes ago, Jere51 said:

The AW WS-5000 console is spectacular !!  It's worthy of a prominent place on the coffee table.  It's big, bright, and just loaded with data and remote channels.

Did you have access to a WS-x000 console when you wrote AmbientWeather ??

You should look at the EcoWitt consoles.  They are nice.  I have theHP2551.  It sends info directly just like the GW1000 but configured at the console.

I also have an Ambient Weather console that came with my WS-2902 however it only sends to the cloud and is NOT local which is a bummer.

Hello weather folks, and Bob, John !!

Update on AmbientWeather and AmbientPoly commissioning.

Both are working as advertized, thank you very much !!

Sooo ...

Obviously, I'm not excited about making any important ISY logic decisions based on someone's weather cloud data.

I'm planning to leave the WS-5000 console on the coffee table for family and friends.

Have an EcoWitt  HP2551 on order.

I'll use that for our ISY weather data, since its all local.

Wouldn't it be trick if both the WS-5000 and HP2551 can see the same Foshk remotes.

In theory, this might work.

I'll certainly update.

Sincerely,  Jere

Hello Simplextech and weather folks !!

So our HP2551 is on back order until March, so maybe that's a blessing ??

I didn't notice before, but both the EcoWitt consoles and remote devices are available in three frequencies ::  915, 858, and 433 Mhz.

I'm researching the AW WS-5000 for remote sensor frequency, and I'll order the same, hoping my existing WS-5000 remote sensors will also be seen in parallel by the HP2551.

Obviously the HP2551 console and GUI appear identical to the WS-5000 ...

Thanks for the Foshk insight John.

Any advice or comments greatly appreciated.

I'll update when I know more.

Sincerely,  Jere

1 hour ago, Jere51 said:

I didn't notice before, but both the EcoWitt consoles and remote devices are available in three frequencies ::  915, 858, and 433 Mhz.

They only provide 1 frequency to the US.  So you don't have a choice.

1 hour ago, Jere51 said:

Obviously the HP2551 console and GUI appear identical to the WS-5000 ...

well... they are from the same vendor just a different label.

9 hours ago, Jere51 said:

Wouldn't it be trick if both the WS-5000 and HP2551 can see the same Foshk remotes.

They can and do.  The PWS array sends data to anything that's listening for it.  So you can use both displays and they will work fine.  You can use the WS-5000 to send data to Ambient Weather and the HP2551 to send data to the EcoWitt nodeserver if you want or to their cloud service.  The consoles are receivers to the PWS array.

The HP2551 can also receive the extra sensor data like soil moisture, leak, lightning, PM2.5, extra temp/humidity sensors too.....

Wow !!

This is just perfect.  I believe our weather data architecture is now nicely defined.

Thank you Sir !!

Wouldn't have happened like this without the benefit or your research and experience ...

I really want to start giving something back to this group.

Any ideas what I might bring to the party  ??

I was thinking about starting a topic about workbench tools useful to developers.

Just started using Windows emulators for iOS and Android.  I'm amazed !!

Spectacular !!  Fast enough to play video games !!

I used iPadian ($25 one-time) on a remote laptop using the superb RDT TeamViewer.  We used this lash-up to remotely commission Wyze cameras, where the camera must read a QR on the mobile device to get it's WiFi SSID and PW.  The camera read the QR off the remote Win10 screen.  I about fell over !!  It worked right out of the box !!

Thanks again John for all the PWS advice !!

Sincerely,  Jere

Shucks !!

Regretfully, I owe you folks a retraction and apology regarding iPadian.

Got it really wrong.  Ula and I were playing fast-and-loose, trying to remotely commission these Wyze cameras, and looking for a path of least resistance.

It was the Android emulator "BlueStacks" that came thru for us as described above.

I strongly recommend it.

After more testing with iPadian, I regretfully must withdraw my recommendation.

Save your 25 bucks.  If anyone bought it on my mention, please let me know privately, and I'll get even with you somehow.

Sorry for this self-induced off-topic CF.

Hopefully, I'll get better at "giving somethin back", and staying on-topic.

Sincerely,  Jere

Archived