Sprinkler controller issue

Novetta

Hi everyone! I'm Aria and I'm new here.

I have never used ISY, so I have some questions.

We bought a small house and planning to install an irrigation system. I don't want to spend a lot of money on water, so I'm thinking about buying a sprinkler controller.

As you all know, there are a lot of models nowadays, and it's difficult to choose the right one. I was lurking this forum a bit and understood that I need to pick one from 2 options: RainMachine Mini or Rachio 3. Could someone tell me which one is better? Pros and cons? I'd like to use it indoors.

Another question: How does they integrate with ISY? As I said earlier, I have never used it, and I'd appreciate if you can give me all the info abot compatibility.

Please, share your experience and thoughts with me! Thanks in advance!

I prefer rain machine - it allows local control (when internet is down) - Rachio did not do this when I made my decision a while back 

Simplest way to integrate is to use Polisy/Ployglot(on Raspberry Pi) - and install the mode server for RainMachine   

On 7/21/2020 at 10:56 AM, Novetta said:

Hi everyone! I'm Aria and I'm new here.

I have never used ISY, so I have some questions.

We bought a small house and planning to install an irrigation system. I don't want to spend a lot of money on water, so I'm thinking about buying a sprinkler controller.

As you all know, there are a lot of models nowadays, and it's difficult to choose the right one. I was lurking this forum a bit and understood that I need to pick one from 2 options: RainMachine Mini or Rachio 3. Could someone tell me which one is better? Pros and cons? I'd like to use it indoors.

Another question: How does they integrate with ISY? As I said earlier, I have never used it, and I'd appreciate if you can give me all the info abot compatibility.

Please, share your experience and thoughts with me! Thanks in advance!

Before installing your system, check with your local laws in regards to installing (if doing it yourself). Each locality has their own rules governing what is required such as requiring a separate meter for your irrigation system. 

I prefer rain machine as it does not require rain machines servers unlike Rachio. Both require 5.0.16 along with polyglot. 

Archived