How do I get KPL light on when garage door is open?

1 minute ago, smarthome_newbie said:

MyQ on Polisy.  

For KPL LEDs you must create a scene with the ones you want and off included. Then a program can operate the LED pattern in the scene. The brghtness levels can be directly controlled as a common level to all buttons.

Garage Bay Key Status - [ID 0023][Parent 0020]

If
        'Main Floor / House MyQ Gateway / Tesla Garage Bay' Door State is not Closed

Then
        Set 'Main Floor / Garage Bay Key Status Light' On

Else
        Set 'Main Floor / Garage Bay Key Status Light' Off

"Garage Bay Key Status Light" is a scene with just one device: Side-entry Keypad - Garage Bay

Note that this setup doesn't allow the keypad key to control the door - just indicate the status.

18 hours ago, Goose66 said:

Garage Bay Key Status - [ID 0023][Parent 0020]

If

Then

Else

"Garage Bay Key Status Light" is a scene with just one device: Side-entry Keypad - Garage Bay

Note that this setup doesn't allow the keypad key to control the door - just indicate the status.

Is there a way for it control and show status?

Two more programs:

Garage Bay Open

If
        'Main Floor / Side-entry Keypad - Garage Bay' is switched On
     Or 'Main Floor / Side-entry Keypad - Garage Bay' is switched Fast On

Then
        Set 'Main Floor / House MyQ Gateway / Tesla Garage Bay' Open

Else

and

Garage Bay Close

If
        'Main Floor / Side-entry Keypad - Garage Bay' is switched Off
     Or 'Main Floor / Side-entry Keypad - Garage Bay' is switched Fast Off

Then
        Set 'Main Floor / House MyQ Gateway / Tesla Garage Bay' Close

Else

As @gzahar said, all of these programs work fine together. You will get some button flash though on the close - just pressing it when lit will not only run the close program, but turn off the light. However, the status of the bay door will change to "Closing," which will cause the key to light back up. Once the door is fully closed (and the MyQ Service is polled), the light will turn back off. The light program is written such that any status change other than a positive closed status turns the key light on, so at least you will go check it. 

This assumes that your KPL button is set to Toggle mode. These control programs ignore bright and dims (press and hold) from the KPL button. You can add these into the If statement, respectively, if you want. Otherwise, you will have the possibility the light and the status (along with the action of the button on tap) may get out of synch. But things can start to get weird when you are handling brights and dims, so test thoroughly.

Also note that the control programs don't use the Else branch. This has long been a topic of discussion on these forums so I won't go into here. Suffice to say if you use Else path for control you will eventually run into weird anomalies.

12 hours ago, Goose66 said:

Two more programs:

Garage Bay Open

If
        'Main Floor / Side-entry Keypad - Garage Bay' is switched On
     Or 'Main Floor / Side-entry Keypad - Garage Bay' is switched Fast On

Then
        Set 'Main Floor / House MyQ Gateway / Tesla Garage Bay' Open

Else

and

Garage Bay Close

If
        'Main Floor / Side-entry Keypad - Garage Bay' is switched Off
     Or 'Main Floor / Side-entry Keypad - Garage Bay' is switched Fast Off

Then
        Set 'Main Floor / House MyQ Gateway / Tesla Garage Bay' Close

Else

As @gzahar said, all of these programs work fine together. You will get some button flash though on the close - just pressing it when lit will not only run the close program, but turn off the light. However, the status of the bay door will change to "Closing," which will cause the key to light back up. Once the door is fully closed (and the MyQ Service is polled), the light will turn back off. The light program is written such that any status change other than a positive closed status turns the key light on, so at least you will go check it. 

This assumes that your KPL button is set to Toggle mode. These control programs ignore bright and dims (press and hold) from the KPL button. You can add these into the If statement, respectively, if you want. Otherwise, you will have the possibility the light and the status (along with the action of the button on tap) may get out of synch. But things can start to get weird when you are handling brights and dims, so test thoroughly.

Also note that the control programs don't use the Else branch. This has long been a topic of discussion on these forums so I won't go into here. Suffice to say if you use Else path for control you will eventually run into weird anomalies.

Thanks for all of the information.  I have a question. When setting the status program, I don't see set status light on or off option. See below.  What am I missing?

image.png.b99e09caef1020fa5b2eabc32ac55dd6.png

5 minutes ago, smarthome_newbie said:

Thanks for all of the information.  I have a question. When setting the status program, I don't see set status light on or off option. See below.  What am I missing?

image.png.b99e09caef1020fa5b2eabc32ac55dd6.png

Put the keypad key of interest in a scene by itself as a responder.

Then turn that scene on/off. 

If

Then

Else

As Goose66 mentioned in the program above, "Garage Bay Key Status Light" is a scene.

Create a scene of any name you choose, then substitute that scene name in the program above.

The scene you create, should have the button that you want to turn on as a responder in that scene (and nothing else).

I know, it is not intuitive, but just try it.

PS The button can/should be the same button you use to control the garage door.

6 minutes ago, smarthome_newbie said:

Sorry not following. I’m trying to make my KPL status light be on when my garage door is open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your program line is setting the backlight level that is common to every LED behind the buttons.

You need to create a scene for each LED and turn the scene on and off. Look at the bottom of the device tree in the admin console. You may have to click on the funny icon at the top to create a new scene. Then drag'n drop a button into the scene. Specify it as controlled device. Name it something meaningful. That's it. Do the rest also.

Archived