Release 5.2.0 (RC3) - OUTDATED

Chris Jahn

I'm currently on 5.0.15A and want to upgrade to 5.2.   I see the pre-requisite for the zwave firmware is 4.55.  The version installed on my ISY is 6.81.   Is 6.81 ok or do I need to downgrade to 4.55?  If I need to downgrade are there any issues I need to be aware of?

12 minutes ago, cwagner2401 said:

I'm currently on 5.0.15A and want to upgrade to 5.2.   I see the pre-requisite for the zwave firmware is 4.55.  The version installed on my ISY is 6.81.   Is 6.81 ok or do I need to downgrade to 4.55?  If I need to downgrade are there any issues I need to be aware of?

DO NOT downgrade.  If you have 6.81, it must mean that you have the 500 series Zwave dongle.

Furthermore, you should also go straight to 5.3.3 the latest update. Personally I see no reason why you would go through 5.2

Thanks, asbril.  I focused on 5.2 because of this in the 5.3 release: 

"There are no functional changes in this build when compared to 5.2.0.  The only change is related to the ISY product ID reported through the Manufacturer Specific Command class for Z-Wave. This is the first of our official 500 Series Z-Wave Plus certified builds.  As part of Z-Wave Plus certification, some incompatible changes were made that may cause issues when migrating from older versions of the ISY.  We are looking at mitigating these issues in future builds.  If you have a stable working system, you may want to wait before migrating."

Thoughts?

Thanks again.

48 minutes ago, cwagner2401 said:

Thanks, asbril.  I focused on 5.2 because of this in the 5.3 release: 

"There are no functional changes in this build when compared to 5.2.0.  The only change is related to the ISY product ID reported through the Manufacturer Specific Command class for Z-Wave. This is the first of our official 500 Series Z-Wave Plus certified builds.  As part of Z-Wave Plus certification, some incompatible changes were made that may cause issues when migrating from older versions of the ISY.  We are looking at mitigating these issues in future builds.  If you have a stable working system, you may want to wait before migrating."

Thoughts?

Thanks again.

Understood. I have had zero issues with 5.3.3 (I only have Zwave, no Insteon) and I am not aware, from this forum, that others had serious issues, but do as per your level of comfort.

However, do not downgrade the Zwave firmware unless you have an old 300 dongle (which is unlikely)..

1 hour ago, cwagner2401 said:

Where did you read that at? In the very beginning of 5.3 (in bold red letters) it says you need the 500 board which is what you have

On 7/9/2021 at 10:06 PM, asbril said:

Understood. I have had zero issues with 5.3.3 (I only have Zwave, no Insteon) and I am not aware, from this forum, that others had serious issues, but do as per your level of comfort.

However, do not downgrade the Zwave firmware unless you have an old 300 dongle (which is unlikely)..

Thanks, asbril.  I appreeciate your insight.

Archived