Scene Behavior

jbonja

Hello, I tried searching by keyword and couldn’t find relevant content so I figure I’ll just ask.  

I have a KPL that I have linked to a scene that adjusts some lights.  My question is regarding the behavior to expect.  Button is set to toggle and when its on I want the lights to go off.  When I turn it off I want the various lights to go back to the various states they were before (two are on separate scenes, one is just on).  The “On” part works fine, its the “Off” that’s confusing me.  When I turn a scene off what state do the lights go to (they were off in the “On” state for the scene).  Do they stay off?  Do they all turn on at their “local” levels?

I’m sure I can experiment and figure out but I was wondering if there was any good programming resource I could look at?  The wiki wasn’t helpful.

Thanks in advance. 

Turning a scene off, turns everything off.  Devices will stay off if they were off in the scene 'on' definition.

If you want lighting to go back to the level it was before the scene was turned on, you will need to use programs to save the states and restore them when the scene is turned off.  I don't remember, but this may require V5 firmware also.

You would probably not be able to assign the KPL button directly to the scene so that you can capture the current lighting levels before the scene 'on' is activated.  The KPL button would trigger the scene on/off program(s) instead. 

Archived